The Sunspire Do you see these eyes, when have you known me to cry?
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,520 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Oh! Ok!  Maia wasn't an accomplished story teller by any means, nor did she practice much.  But she didn't mind doing it, and in fact quite enjoyed spinning a yarn or two.  She just tended to talk pretty fast, especially if the story was an emotional recounting of a real event or slight.  This one at least wasn't that.

"Well, there was this knight, and he was walking in a forest when he heard a noise.  He went to investigate, and he found a dragon.  The dragon was stuck in a tree, probably because he had flown into it or something, so he obviously wasn't that smart of a dragon.  Anyway, the knight was a nice guy, and asked if he needed help."  Or maybe the dragon asked for it? Anyway...

"The dragon plays super nice and begs yes, and so the knight helps him loose.  Soon as he is, the dragon turns around and tries to burn the poor knight!  Who asks what the heck, of course, because who does that? I mean, he had just helped him out!"  

"The dragon says that's just the way the world is, that nice things don't always mean nice in return.  The knight of course thinks that's dumb, so he goes to get a second opinion."

Here Maia paused for a breath, looking at Wraen for sign of recognition.  It was cool to be able to tell her a tale! Used to be the other way around when she babysat them, and Maia was enjoying the flip immensely.  It made her feel decidedly adult.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you see these eyes, when have you known me to cry? - by Maia - August 07, 2018, 06:36 PM