Wild Berry Meadow You're not gonna make it.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

As he came tumbling in to the dark, he thought that was it. The void wasn't going to let him go free so easily. It was a split-second of empty floating, then the abrupt crash of his delicate body against the floor. He rolled without thinking, skid, hit the wall adjacent, and was left dazed. There came the thundering applause of his oncoming demise — then a sudden quiet, a deep boom as the creature did the same as himself, body meeting stone.

The world was drifting around him but Mou couldn't stagnate, wouldn't give in. It was pathetic really, this desperation. This need to outrun death as if it were possible to live forever if he just kept on moving.

The pit rose around him like the battlements of a great keep; the light was sharper now, brighter because of his proximity to the cavern's entryway but also painful to observe because of the blow to his head and the way he had become accustomed to the dark. He squinted at the light, yearning for it but also hurt by it.

The light was his salvation.

Before the bear could recover Mou made a mad dash for the lowest section of the pit's wall, rearing up on his hind legs and scrambling with his bloodied, weakend forelimbs for some method of escape. It was then that he heard the voice — different from the booming roar of the creature who had terrorized him for these past few days.  Not familiar exactly, but welcome. A blessed sound.

But he could not respond, save for the fervent scrambling of his claws against the dirt as he tried to climb his way to freedom. I am here! He wished he could shout, Help me help me help me!

Messages In This Thread
You're not gonna make it. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 04, 2018, 07:56 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shardik - September 04, 2018, 08:20 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shardik - September 05, 2018, 07:50 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shardik - September 06, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 04, 2018, 08:31 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shisu - September 06, 2018, 05:08 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 06, 2018, 05:44 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shisu - September 06, 2018, 06:50 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 06, 2018, 08:16 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shisu - September 06, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 06, 2018, 09:06 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shisu - September 06, 2018, 09:24 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - September 06, 2018, 09:48 PM
RE: You're not gonna make it. - by Shisu - September 06, 2018, 10:03 PM