Blacktail Deer Plateau Black Beatles
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Elixir's reassurance released Rue from her frozen position, confirming that there was no ill-will between the pair. The reassurance allowed Rue to move forward to lap at Elixir's cheek as her tears began to fall. Rue listened quietly as Elixir spoke, nudging her comforting every now and then when the wolfdog's voice faltered. 

Elixir ended on the vivid imagaery of bleeding out, and Rue had to agree it seemed as if Elixir's life force had been sapped. It pained Rue to hear that her friend was in so much distress, and a small whine escaped her. 

"Elixir, I don't know Liri's reasoning," she stated again, "But I trust that she considered her choice very carefully." Elixir trusted Liri too, didn't she? Rue's head tilted sideways as she continued speaking earnestly. "I am quite certain that you were not overlooked. All of Blacktail Deer Plateau recognizes your accomplishments. We're so proud for you."

Rue breathed in. "If I had to take a guess, Elixir... perhaps it has something to do with your chosen trade- the counseling, the.. the therapy. A few moons ago, I would never have felt safe to share my heart's troubles with someone from the leadership tier," Rue admitted, reminding Elixir of the conversation they had regarding nightmares. In fact, Rue had been terrified that a leader would find out about her past and give her the boot. "..But I felt safe with you. A fellow subordinate. A friend. Perhaps Liri does not want pack members to feel somehow separated from or.. or subordinate to their therapist."  

Rue hoped that reminding Elixir of her chosen purpose would soothe her, particularly reminding her that not being a leader could very well help her fullfill her role better.
Messages In This Thread
Black Beatles - by Elixir - November 09, 2018, 11:10 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Ruenna - November 10, 2018, 01:03 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Elixir - November 11, 2018, 11:42 AM
RE: Black Beatles - by Ruenna - November 11, 2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Elixir - November 11, 2018, 12:57 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Ruenna - November 11, 2018, 02:10 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Elixir - November 11, 2018, 02:37 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Ruenna - November 11, 2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Elixir - November 11, 2018, 03:12 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Ruenna - November 15, 2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Black Beatles - by Elixir - November 24, 2018, 01:24 AM