Permafrost Hollows can change you, no
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
a rise of brow is given at derg's comment followed as it was by the shadow of a smirk upon the other male's lips. a clinical twitch of an ear is given as he regards the paw prints the pale female'd left in her wake as she'd departed from the vartija's borders as she'd came: just another vagabond. be nice, the sotaherra chastises sardonically; derg was entitled to his opinion of the pale slyph after all. not every attempt at recruiting is going to be successful, a rough lesson that wintersbane had absolutely learned the hard way. most of his attempts to recruit for blackfeather forest had ended with resounding 'no's. surprisingly his luck was holding for the vartija but the life of a recruiter was a rough one and many times there would be more than a fair share of doors slammed in one's face. most of my attempts to recruit for blackfeather woods when i was their snitch was met with rejection. derg, himself, had rejected the offer to join the dark woods, after all. the look the tundrian offers his compatriot now is one that clearly says 'as you well know'.

well, wintersbane begins on the topic of numbers, doing the math quickly in his head. there's for sure me, you and faeryn. i recruited a man along the coast, vonn. i'm not sure if he's made it to the taiga yet. he had a debt he had to repay and i wasn't about to stand in his way. last thing we need is an angry pack coming to settle an old score with us. wintersbane is confident that vonn will eventually make his way and settle with them. i haven't seen valkyr in some time ...so four of us. five if we're counting keen. assuming by this point wintersbane at least knows her name. i'll be going on another recruitment drive soon. there's a lot of packs to contend with which ...is good and bad. most of them are well established and their numbers should be filling. if they start sending wolves away that'll work to our advantage. plus the taiga is ours. there's no competition for hunting grounds, food or resources. that should be appealing. at least, it was to him.

too many packs in one region meant restricted hunting grounds, restricted resources and limited food. and what happened when they prey stopped frequenting? scared away by the flux of packs? wolves would begin to feel the hunger pangs. or maybe they wouldn't. either way, wintersbane was perfectly content with having room to spread out as he pleased.
Messages In This Thread
can change you, no - by Derg - January 17, 2019, 02:09 PM
RE: can change you, no - by Sitala - January 17, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: can change you, no - by Derg - January 20, 2019, 08:12 AM
RE: can change you, no - by RIP Wintersbane - February 20, 2019, 05:12 PM
RE: can change you, no - by Derg - February 20, 2019, 05:31 PM
RE: can change you, no - by RIP Wintersbane - February 20, 2019, 07:06 PM
RE: can change you, no - by Derg - February 21, 2019, 10:03 AM
RE: can change you, no - by RIP Wintersbane - February 23, 2019, 04:51 AM
RE: can change you, no - by Derg - February 23, 2019, 10:35 AM
RE: can change you, no - by RIP Wintersbane - February 24, 2019, 05:13 AM
RE: can change you, no - by Derg - February 25, 2019, 01:40 PM