Dragoncrest Cliffs even small children, when launched at very fast speeds, can kill
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
smdh @Vercingetorix LESGEIT
SETTING Late morning, DCC borders. Dated to 1/21, a day after Aure's departure bc i love to suffer
SUMMARY Before Vonn continues to toil over his debt for Stigmata, he's gotten word of the possiblity that his sister may just be residing in Drageda. Because it's the only thing that will make his disregard his Diasporian debt, Vonn practically soars up the coast.

Whatever had happened with the hunstman named Vaati had happened, and Vonnaruil promptly continued his charge up the fabled cliffs of Drageda with renewed energy. Wisping phantom-like through the moor that gave way to both Tanglewood and the strong essence of border, the Rhaesuian coursed a steady, slightly off-kilter path through frost-limned vegetation.

And then, as he stuttered to a halt, he tossed his sculpted head back and loosed a wintry peal. His heart shrieked throughout his entire being; not for the first time, he longed to have Aurëwen's soulful perception. But, no -- he was espía, and, when paid, asesino. Where the threads of constellations seared bright in her veins, only silence and shadow murmured in his own. All the same... was she truly here?

His call, of course, would've been identical to his sister's, if the breathy, low husk had been drawn out of it and replaced with something more airy and eerie. Feminine, unassuming. For those who lived on the cliffs, by that and by a distance, he might as well appear to be her.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He saw her before the call went out, as he was patrolling. His breath hitched in his throat; she had returned so soon, and alone, which likely meant she hadn't found her brother. Why would she return without him? He couldn't imagine her leaving her long-lost sibling behind.

Still--he was happy to see her. Arousal aside (he burned for her like crazy, if you weren't aware) he was fond of her in other ways. She had become a good friend to him as well, if not. . .more.

Fuck. More. That word always scared the shit out of him.

Vercingetorix broke into a lope, her call singing on the wind that whistled past his ears as he raced toward her. His long face broke into a grin, eyes sparkling. Bounkola! he cried out, tongue lolling like a dog greeting his master. He stopped just short of slamming into her and began to plant kisses along her cheek AW SHIT WHAT THE FUCK---

Who the actual fuck are you? Verx spat out in Trigedasleng, stumbling backward and shaking his head, blinking, staring at her--sorry, him, definitely a him, definitely not Aure. Could have been Aure; he felt as if he were looking at the woman's. . .twin.

Realization dawned over him like a hammer over the head, and he narrowed his eyes, jaw falling slightly open. Are you who I think you are?
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
In the moments that his smotherer Frenched him and withdrew in the same breath, Vonn was left pleasantly stupefied. "Oh, my." Pale brows arched in incredulity as he peered up into the elegant, sable make of the Guardian. "Only the most interesting male in the world that you've ever met, of course," Vonnaruil leered, his star-dusted gaze taking in the suave corsair.

The smile that crested his lips was the smile of his sister -- but, as with physicality, it was much less refined than she. Where Aure's cheekiness would coax shyly at the corners, her twin's quirked in an infuriating simper of impish favor. And if this was the common coastal custom of greeting, then the White Crow was all the more than welcoming of it.

All the same, a hushed, unchaste chuckle left him, his eyes crescenting the same as his twin's; and like her, too, it creased the red hurts that spider-webbed along his ivory facade. "And if you are unfortunate to never have known me, then allow me to introduce myself," he practically purred, sweeping himself low in one, graceful flourish. "I am Vonnaruil; Vonn, to my friends -- and enemies where I may make them." 
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Yup. He was.

A jester himself, Verx disregarded the jokes that fell from his mouth, focusing instead on the name given. Well, holy shit, he said, the confusion on his face suddenly replaced with a smile. You, uh. . .wow. Shitty timing. But--

He became aware that he was rambling incoherently, and shook his head, laughing. Sorry. I'm Vercingetorix. This is Drageda. I'm assuming you've come looking for your sister, he said, fixing the other with a gimlet stare. For this had to be her brother, right? Same name, looked exactly like her, yadda yadda. If he was an impostor, then he was a damn good one.
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
The elfin grin only waxed further along his maw at the dark one's ramblings, if nothing other, and imploringly nodded along to the name, location -- and faltered at the words of 'sister.' His own cheerful expression sobered a bit; a pale shadow of his milk-sibling's usual melancholy. "," he affirmed, brows narrowing, lips pursing in thought. "I have heard of the possiblity that she may, or may not, be residing here. Do you know if such a thing is true?"

He looked to Vercingetorix then, in a momentary glimpse of rare gullibility; sculpted ears splaying back along the fine mold of his skull, a thinning to his lips that hadn't been there for quite some time. If she'd been here, and if the notion of "timing" were to be taken literally... had she... left somewhere or other? "I, ah, have not seen her since my fall. Well, my first fall," not that he found entertainment in retelling such a horrendous experience... but, if it allowed for more insight of Aure, then...

...But neither had he scented her either, in so long. If Vonn sifted (endearingly, of course) through the many breeding scents which wreathed Vercingetorix, he would find her unmistakably-Aure scent. So, this shadowy corsair was donned, more of than not, in the veils of the moon. ”Of course, I am supposing you know my sister quite well, no?” Although a mere whiff had told him she’d not yet entered the season, he couldn’t refrain from teasing, ”Tell me, am I meant to be an uncle, soon?” Vonnaruil’s previous leer returned, brows crescent-curving as he appraised the Guardian with new-found, wild mirth.
just HAD to add that last paragraph lmaooo ULTIMATE KEK
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He waited until the man had run his mouth--kindred spirit, this guy--before responding, raising a brow at that last little remark and laughing. She's here, he said succinctly, then, amending, well, she usually is here. She went out looking for you, bro. Y'all missed each other by a couple days.

What a shame, really. He felt for Aure; she wouldn't know that he had come here, and wouldn't know until it was too late. Perhaps Vonn could be convinced to stay, at least until she returned. Not as if he had that many important errands to tend to, right?

Why don't you hang around a while, Uncle Vonnaruil? Vercingetorix offered, tail swishing behind him as a smirk kissed his muzzle. She'll be back soon.
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
His eyes lit like two stars in unfettered delight at the notion of Aure being here, and even more-so at the jest of ”Uncle.” Whether they were mated in some way, or merely lovers, promised or no — and even if the concept of whelps wasn’t true — the Crow felt relaxed enough in Vercingetorix’s presence to deem that his sister had made a good bargain.

Just that feeling when you found a new comrade; felt like you could trust him with your life and any shit that the world decided to slug at you. Bromance at first sight, bro.

And then there was the invitation to stay. He’d been a bit disheartened that his twin had voyaged for his sake; and wondered how many times she’d set out, just to look for him. ...Stigmata’s debt could wait, he decided, and the Vartija wouldn’t be going anywhere soon.

Gracias, Vercingetorix. I think I will.” Giving a long, luxurious roll of his shoulders, Vonn fell into step alongside him as a similar smirk pressed itself into his lips. ”How has my sister fared, here? Apart from you, I’m sure she’ll be most gladdened to see me upon her return.”
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
His ears turned at the unfamiliar word, but he remained silent, assuming it to be one from Aure's language she dropped so often. She's good, Verx said, smiling over at the man. Settling in just fine. She's helpful and everybody seems to like her here. We got a good one--sorry it means that you had to lose her, at least for a bit.

The cheka lifted his head and called for @Antumbra or @Blixen (or both, should they and their humans so desire), knowing that he couldn't just, like, let some random guy stay here, even if he was Aure's brother. Protocol was protocol, after all.

You got a home around here? Verx asked, his call dying away on the wind. Or did you come a long way just to find your sister?
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
Vonn had become resigned to the fact that if he were allowed to stay here until Aurëwen's safe return, then he'd have yet another debt to owe to yet another pack. The relief that slumped his shoulders was apparent, more at ease now at finding his sister had settled in well. He would repay their hospitality, regardless, with some sort of labor -- as Verx sent a call out, he simply hoped he wouldn't be sent recruiting once more.

"Mm, yes, I suspect I have gone very far to find her, as she has with me. I believe we both made our 'entrances' through the Bracken Woods--those hinterlands up north." His pale eyes creased as the corners with crow's feet, "I hope to find a settlement, myself. I plan to return to the Taiga, and pledge myself to one known as Wintersbane and the, ah, pack he seems to be forming. It is called The Vartija. ...Someone such as yourself might favor it, had you not stayed at these cliffs," with a wry edge in his voice.

But this corsair's bearing exuded loyalty, and Vonnaruil hadn't come to sway another to accompany him; Aure would most certainly drown him should that happen. "I have seen much of the sea, now, though, as I have wanted to. Now, I am restless for the north once more. I miss freezing my jewels off, too," he scoffed, however wistfully. The borders here were strong, though, and he doubted she would appreciate her male leaving the cliffs and her.
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

blix is quick enough to respond to verx's call, her attention elsewhere as she arrives. as her eyes fall on the pair, she, too, falls for the same trick at verx had moments prior. she doesn't know aure particularly well but she recognizes the pretty white woman, and looks at the pair curiously, unsure why they're looking for an audience with her on the border. 

well, until they start speaking; she doesn't know aure very well but she suspects that is not aure's voice. what a weird coincidence, she thinks, forgetting about the concept of siblings for a moment. blix doesn't say that out loud, instead clearing her throat and calling out cheerfully, "you called?" as she comes to stand beside the large cheka.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He felt relieved when Blixen showed up; likeable as Vonn was, it was still kind of awkward to hang around with your new lover's brother. At least the fleimkepa would provide some buffer, and he could step into the background for a little while.

Hey, Blixen, he said, aiming a grin toward the red girl. He gestured to the man by his side. This is Vonn; if you haven't figured it out already, he's Aure's brother. Cool if he sticks around for a while until she gets back? They got separated, really nasty situation, he explained, his face softening a little with sympathy.

Verx turned his bi-colored gaze toward Vonn, then, waiting for him to add his two cents (if he had any). He couldn't imagine Blixen outright refusing, although Drageda really wasn't a homeless shelter in any sense. He'd be gone in a few days to join the Var-whatever, right?
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
Another corsair showed up, a willowy female of red and cream and a bearing of good-natured frivolity; not unlike the dark one alongside him. Vonn listened to the words Verx had to say and, after meeting the sea-silver gaze, he himself addressed Blixen with a pale, crooked half-smile.

"Encantada, Blixen. Pleasure to meet you." Though his own scarred face was still piqued with (harmless) mischief, the wanderer wasn't one to miss out on pleasentries, gratitude, the lot. Then, sobering, "What your guardia says here is true. I have not seen my sister for several months; I have been searching most fervently for her, and I am more than faithful that she has been doing the same."

"I promise, you won't even know I was here," he continued, a warm breathy chuckle. "I will, of course, repay your hospitality, should I be allowed to be a guest here. It is the least I may do, after all you have done for my hermana, no?" The suave demeanor was still there, but all that usually came with it had been curved back back back behind gentlemanly veils. Plush tail veering about his hocks, he ended with, "Upon my departure, I will head to the Taiga. There is a claim that I have vowed to pledge myself to. Besides," he added, a curl to his lips, "it would be more convienent, to be far, but near."
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

oh -- brother, yes, that makes more sense. she nods at verx, curious about this 'nasty situation' as vonn begins to speak, pulling her attention onto him. some of the words he says are unfamiliar, though they remind him a little bit of french (what limited amount she was exposed to during étoille's tenure here). 

she's not particularly bothered by the request, although her nose crinkles a little at his having vowed to another claim already (i mean, she gets it, but still, kind of a weird thing to announce -- thanks for the hospitality but i deffo will be bouncing). his slightly insidious final statement more or less goes over her head as she says, "you're welcome to stay until aure returns, so long as you contribute as you say you will." nomi will agree, she's sure. but, "where about is this claim you mentioned?" she presses, wary that they're about to have more neighbors -- something she is not too keen on.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Well, Vonn didn't elaborate nearly as much as he thought he would, though perhaps Verx had just been spoiled by his candid conversations with Aure. He glanced back and forth between the two, slowly, watching the interplay of words between them. He didn't know Blixen all too well, but was impressed by her nonetheless, though he wasn't surprised--any child of Heda's was destined to be a badass, right?

What he was curious about, in the interest of public safety, was the location of this other claim, just as Blixen was. He hadn't even considered that the group itself could be a threat; he was mostly just happy that Vonnaruil was alive and not dead in a ditch somewhere in the mountains for Aure to find.

His ears pushed as far forward as they could go as he quietly but eagerly awaited Vonn's response.
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
If there was another thing Vonnaruil shared in troves with his twin, it's that they are unfailingly, blithely unaware to their tangents -- as well as their lack of capacity to recognize whenever something they talk about sounds ominous. They did not lack, however, in framing such situations in a cheerful light. So, oblivious to his uneasy audience, Vonn twittered on, "Ah, yes. The Vartija, or, as I like to call them, the Wardens of the North," he crooned, more than willing to dispense what he knew.

Blixen's preturbeditude certainly didn't register with the Crow; he merely thought it best to state he wasn't going to laze about for longer than allowed. "Oh, the north. To myself, it is practically the south of our Rhaesuial-" he began but, simpered crookedly in apology before getting himself back on track. His argent, ever-sensual gaze became tender, then, as if he spoke of an old flame rather than an entire guild-- er, pack. "From what Wintersbane has told me, that faction will be settled at the Permafrost Hollows, if you are familiar with such a place? It meant to be a, er, guard-some clan of sorts."

Then, the softness of receeded into something more considering. "Seeing, for one thing, is believing, you know, yet my sotherra has rather honorable airs about him. I would not be against the prospect of vouching for the lord, should a day come that we may be enfavored to another." Hesitated, and then reaffirmed, plush ears flickering with regard, "As an alliance, or merely some accord, perhaps, someday," before momentarily, innocently losing himself to his own thoughts, gaze listless.

And then, just as suddenly, a white fire unfurled in those tactile eyes, as if suddenly recalling whatever else Wintersbane had told him: "Rakk. Wintersbane told me that a Rakk hunts my muinthel, Aure. Does that hijo de puta still live?" His cloud-colored irises flurried from the red woman to the looming corsair, suddenly fervent at what could have become of his sister.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

a chatty one, this vonn (like his sister, she would come to learn). it doesn't bother her -- at least he answers her question, and she carefully memorizies the vartija, wintersbane, and permafrost hollows. given blixen is tits at geography, the name means very little to her, but it will likely be useful for their more scout-inclined. hopefully it is not too close, though admittedly, they could do with some positive diplomatic action. 

"thanks," she says, flicking an ear back, "i'll keep that in--" mind, though the last word is swallowed by vonn's sudden switch in topic. rakk? blixen shoots a confused look at verx. she's never heard the name before nor does she particularly know who's being hunted by what. that said -- if someone is hunting one of her kru, potentially putting them all in danger, she definitely wants to know about it. hopefully verx has some answers.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
He'd been interested in the other pack before, but once this, uh, hijo de puta was mentioned, The Vartija was quickly forgotten.

Who the fuck is Rakk? Verx asked sharply in the split-second that Blixen looked at him, eyes flashing. He was sure Aure hadn't mentioned this guy before. Right? He would have remembered. Unless. . .

Dennan. Happen to know what he looks like? the cheka demanded, ears folding back. God, he'd fucking kill him. Fuck, even if it wasn't Dennan, still sounded like the dude needed to die yesterday. He'd happily oblige if someone else hadn't already.
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
Vonn was rifling through his recent, wintry memories, and drudged up whatever he remembered the sotherra had informed him: "Rakk is a very... how do you say? A very dedicated male." A frosty quip in his scarred snout noted otherwise; not the sort of dedication that any moral wolf would appreciate. "On my way here, I'd heard tell of a 'spider' practically crawling its way up the coast. All I've come to know of his appearance," he continued with a dry edge, "is that he has, ahem, gnawed his own leg off. By injury, infection, both, or neither; it does lead one to expect what else he hunts for. Females, or flesh?"

Thick lashes fell heavy on ivory cheekbones as Vonn grew quiet, then -- unusual for one so amiable. But whatever gloam had nighted the starlit gaze soon vanished, and remembering he had company, returned to the present with a beguiling quirk of his lips. His eyes did flicker to Verx for a moment -- bro-in-law? -- and in that moment, he wondered whether or not Aure had told him of their... lively childhood.

But he turned his attention to Blixen, now, trying at a jest once more, "Then again, he could have simply choked to death in a ditch somewhere, for all we know. I've never seen him with my own eyes, though, and he might as well live... Maker knows how."
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

verx apparently has no idea either, and the guy's answer is less than helpful. well -- no, that's not fair, 'wolf missing a leg' is pretty easy to keep an eye out for. "right," she murmurs, shrugging uneasily. she doesn't like the idea of some crazed, maybe-dead maybe-not madman wandering their coast. 

well, unless he finds his way to rusalka...

but that's beside the point. "well, thanks for the information," she says, and rises, stretching. "if you need anything else, feel free to call for me." with a final nod at verx and the aure-lookalike, the fleimkepa turns and takes her leave, presumably to go warn furi against one-legged wolves lurking on the coast.
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
Sweet, so mangy asshole had already done part of the job for him. Well, actually, it was kind of sad, really. Verx wanted him whole, so he could literally rip him limb from limb. Limb from. . .not limb just wasn't the same. Ah, well.

Thanks, Blixen, Vercingetorix said, nodding as she padded off. Then he turned to Vonn again with a sigh, shaking his head and rolling his eyes skyward. So there's a three-legged cocksucker I've got on my hit list now. Got it. Easy enough to remember, even with as long a hit list as he had.

He lifted his muzzle in query. Want a tour? he asked, voice a little wry. You should get to know the place while you're here. It's actually kinda pretty. He was getting used to it, anyway, though he still missed the majesty of Trigeda.
Common · Trigedasleng
Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
Vonn, too, sent off his gratitude as Blixen took her leave, and then was thoroughly amused by both of the corsair’s statements. ”A tour? I’m flattered. We should spend our time together, friend, before my sister returns and hoards you for herself.” For a moment, his lips pressed thin, and he cast a solemn glance to the Taiga behind him — her return to himself was all Vonn ever wanted.

With a last prayer to the Maker for her journeys, the Crow allowed the Corsair to guide him into Drageda’s red realm.
& that’s a gotdamn wrap if i do say so myself