Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,117 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
The oddest thing happened then. Instead of laughing at him, or being amused, or a little weirded out, Wiffle seemed to instead think that his idea was smart..? Eljay felt a little guilty because it hadn't even really been a real idea; it was just something he came up with to not look like a silly fool who liked to slide down hills even though he was almost four years old. As Wiffle mentioned the hill might be a nice playground when muddy, Eljay glanced back at the track he'd left behind and says, Yeah. It'd be fun to slide down the hill with the pups, for sure. It warmed Eljay's heart a little to think of it, even though he also felt anxious not knowing what the future would bring them.

Speaking of the future... Wiffle suddenly mentioned that she hoped he'd?? What?? Become part of her council?? Eljay blinked, having never been offered any special position. The'queen's consort' thing had Eljay feel a little twinge in his stomach because he sorta wanted that, he supposed, but it also made him worry what the others in the pack might think. What if they thought he was using Wiffle to get a higher position..?

Eljay looked a little bewildered at first and blurted out a Huh? Why? before he could stop himself. Oops. Collecting himself a little, Eljay said, I uhm.. what sort of things would that add to my responsibilities? Except, uh, being the uh, consort. Are you serious? I, wow, sorry, I don't really know how to respond, um, I mean, I'm very honoured, and -- but I just want to make sure it's a job I can do. Also, uh... Aren't you afraid that... What if others think that I was using you to get a higher position..? I mean, that's not what I -- I would never do such a thing -- I just... What if others did think that..? Obviously his question said more about him than about actually wanting to know what Wiffle thought on it; it was his own worry. One Wiffle clearly didn't share, or she wouldn't have offered. Eljay waited what the added responsibilities would be before saying yes or no; he didn't want to take on any jobs that he wouldn't be able to fulfill, of course.
Messages In This Thread
my heart is open - by Eljay - January 24, 2019, 06:50 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 24, 2019, 11:04 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 25, 2019, 02:48 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 26, 2019, 10:50 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 27, 2019, 06:29 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 27, 2019, 08:59 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 28, 2019, 12:39 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 28, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 28, 2019, 04:49 PM
RE: my heart is open - by Wildfire - January 29, 2019, 10:29 AM
RE: my heart is open - by Eljay - January 29, 2019, 03:58 PM