775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
@Aure @Tzila
Takes place after this thread.

The sanctuary truly hadn’t been that far off — with child as she was, Olive would not have strayed far anyways. This was not the only reason the drove considered herself in luck. As the druid embraced the sick wolf at her side, and proudly regarded the heavily pregnant wolf abreast her, Olive grew to realize that Elysium had fulfilled her original dream. The entire grove of willows vibrated at such a frequency that it attract all those to it who needed healing, and it drew them to her like moths to a flame. Olive truly wished the woman, Tzila, wasn’t in pain — but she couldn’t help but be a little proud.

They crossed the threshold of Elysium without much fanfare, as wolves were welcome to come and go as they pleased, and Olive found herself relieved that she could move across her own lands without having to convince the others of Tzila and Aure being there. The dens were rather far from the entrance, nestled deep against the cliffs which stood guard over the haven, so Olive though fast and made the decision that this woman did not need to travel any farther. She gave a sideway nod to Aure and slowed down, allowing Tzila to deposit herself into a comfortable pile on the floor. They were amongst the willows — they were safe from any and all that could harm them, and because of that, this spot amongst the willows was as good as any. 

The druid turned to face the dark, fallen women with kindness in her gaze.
“How is it that you’ve come to feel this way?” she asked, taking a step forward and sniffing around her collar . She didn’t smell sick, so perhaps this was a reaction to something instead of an illness. Olive wondered what plants she might have that could serve as a balm to Tzila’s weary body and soul — it might just be a matter of riding it out until the symptoms subsided, the nursemaid feared.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila was in too much discomfort to keep track of how much time had passed since the two females had came to her aide. All she could think of was making the journey, one slow step at a time. But with each tender stride, the pains in her gut worsened. She felt the acidic taste of bile in the back of her throat. Could this be one of those ailments where she would get worse before she got better? Good god, she hoped not. 

Why me... Was the thought that echoed in her already pounding skull. Supported by the females who assisted her the whole way, she crinkled her nose at the smell of fresh borders, crossing over them without pause. It had been too long since she had came upon such a smell. Even longer than she dared place a foot inside a packs territory. The smell alone combined with the memory, was enough to make her even more sick. But that wasn't possible. Her head still resting against the white ruff of Aure, the grimace that swept over her face was luckily hidden. Through the dizziness, she felt the pair slow and back away. Gingerly, she stepped back, folding her legs beneath her so she could rest on the ground.

Silver eyes lingered on the retreating form of Aure, a silent glimmer of thanks within her normally indifferent stare. She had found her first, as sorry as her state was. She didn't know how to feel about it...but she did wish that their paths would cross again. The willows were beautiful. Peaceful and welcoming. And unnoticed by the stranger amidst them. She had to will herself not to click her jaws in warning towards Olive as she sniffed her neck. She was only trying to be kind...and Tzila was in no shape to get sassy. "It's...it's my fault. I was stupid...desperate." Along the length of her spine her muscles clenched visibly beneath the skin. No doubt from the pain. "I thought the meat was safe to eat..." She groaned out, voice low...strained.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
At least the girl — Tzila, she had said — did not make her experience more difficult with unnecessary complaining or dawdling. She did exactly as she was told and didn’t deviate from her goal. For that, Olive was proud of her; not that she couldn’t experience the throes of pain any way that she wanted, but moving her from one place to the other was probably the hardest part of it all. Now that it was over, Tzila could moan and cry if she so wished, and it wouldn’t truly complicate things. In fact, it might even help her as the sickness ran its course.

The nursemaid couldn’t help but notice the woman’s discomfort around a pack, and so many pack wolves — when the gravid Aure departed, Olive expressed her gratitude for the woman’s help and allowed her an easy leaving. It was probably easier with fewer wolves around; if anyone from Elysium decided to show up, the Shakti woman might have even gone as far to shoo them away. It was best that it was only she and her shadowed patient, at this point in time.

Still using her nares to sniff at the very tips of the woman’s guard hair, she tittered
“That is not your fault, darling.” Then, the willowed woman pulled back and sat her haunches on the earthen floor. The woman was in pain, and Olive did not want to put her through an unnecessary check-up — Tzila had confirmed her suspicions. If the patient wasn’t going to die, then this was all stuff that could wait until later, when these critical moments have passed.

They did not stay alone forever. @Seabreeze was eventually upon them, concerned for their newest convalescent. Though Olive dearly wished her wife to stay, for she liked to share all experiences with her, Olive put her to good use. She whispered in her feathered, argent ear to grab some of the ginger in her stores. It was an underground root, and had remained plentiful during the winter whereas other medical spices had died off. Seabreeze left and Olive attempted to pass the time with some calming affirmations.
“The good news is, if it is poisoning from your food, you will not die. Discomfort and pain, yes — but you will survive this. It is a good thing you are here; Elysium is a safe place to recover.”

By the time she had finished, Seabreeze (who knew the garden almost better than Olive herself knew it) returned with her prize. Olive thanked and then dismissed her; with love, of course. Alone once more, but better equipped to treat Tzila, Olive continued. ”…and I will be by your side throughout the entire process.” Then, Olive took the ginger in her mouth and chewed it to a fine pulp, depositing it in a little yellow mush pile next to Tzila’s lips. All she would have to do it reach out and swallow it, the hard work had been done for her. “It has a strong taste, but it may help quell your stomach.” Olive guided. It wasn’t a miracle, but it was something.

469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
The fact that Olive was keyed in to Tzila's tension at being in a packs land, was lost on her. When she felt better (however long that would take) the dark female would be back to her usual alert self. Try as she might and despite the hidden sneers and curses lurking just below her pained surface, she couldn't help but gaze up at the woman. Her silver eyes were slightly softer. That voice she used...the placement of each and every word. She was a maternal one wasn't she? Naturally caring...sweet natured.

It made Tzila want to cringe. But also want to reach out. Her own mother had never offered her anywhere near the same gentle treatment. She and her father...they were always analyzing. Criticizing. Looking for flaws or not paying her enough attention. Tzila was always a spoiled brat from the start, but maybe if her parents had been different, then maybe she would have been as well. 

Assured that her symptoms were non life threatening...which she suspected, she only nodded meekly. Another female joined them, but luckily no one else showed up. She tensed momentarily at Seabreeze's arrival, but upon seeing that she too, was just as warm hearted and here to assist, she relaxed. Quietly, she noted the exchange between the two females. The affection they shared. She would make no assumptions. Keep her comments to herself, this time. "Thank you for taking me in..." She muttered, albeit a little begrudgingly. 

Knowing little of the healing arts, and not caring to, she watched Olive chew up the ginger root. The smooth skin of her muzzle wrinkled. She was supposed to ingest something that was just in her mouth?! Her stomach was queasy enough already! Although...she was somewhat thankful that Olive was staying close by. "Ugh...more food. Guess I have to trust you on this one..." Delicately she took the mush between her teeth. Snapping her jaws, she swallowed it in one gulp to avoid the taste and texture as much as possible. She shuddered when it was over. Looking back up to the pale healer with flat ears, she asked. "Is...there a den nearby? I...don't like feeling so exposed like this in the open." 
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Tzila was a good, albeit unwilling, patient. She bade her every order, knowing that she needed to retire a small part of her autonomy in order to receive the care that was needed. Is that, Olive saw Tzila’s strength; her balance. Meekly, the woman uttered her thanks. This Olive received and held close to her for a moment, but she eventually passed the gratitude on to those who truly deserved it: the gods whom made this all possible.

As Tzila worked to ingest her medicine and keep it down, Olive explained softly — in case she wanted to know, or even just wanted a distraction.
“It is Elysium’s ultimate goal to provide shelter and care to all those who need it,” she tittered. “…and unfortunately my dear, right now this means you.” It was meant to be a kind thing, a little joke. Perhaps it didn’t land, because the sick woman then asked to be placed in a den, away from prying eyes.

Olive nodded and gestured down the path Seabreeze went, when she had left.
“There is a den near ours, not far.” Then she turned scrutinizing gaze towards Tzila’s sickness, seeing if there was any way at all that she was already starting to feel better. Hey, it happened sometimes! “One the ginger starts to take affect, we can try walking there again,” she said, then draped a kind paw over the woman’s withers. “Don’t lose hope.”

469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
One more post each and then archive? <3

She fixed her silver stare on the ground, seemingly at nothing. She could be waiting for the Ginger to work, or for the pain to subside. Or she could simply be contemplating her situation. Whatever the case, she was listening as Olive spoke, telling her that this pack...named Elysium, was a sanctuary. Well she had certainly wound up at the right place. She should have guessed, merely by the oh so nurturing demeanor of both her doctor and Seabreeze, who had only made a fleeting appearance. "...I suppose there are worse places I could have ended up." Her mind went immediately to Shadewood and the hulk of a wolf she had met there. Fat chance that he or any of his pack would take her in, ill or not.

Much to her relief, Olive confirmed there was a den nearby. Near hers. Which almost made Tzila feel good. Not that she wanted the woman's constant company...but... Just knowing that she was nearby put her mind at ease. No, she wasn't afraid of a relapse or being left alone. This woman reached out to her like no one ever had...so...if by some slim chance she found herself yearning, she would only be a few steps away. 

Her mind darkened then. Unseen behind her pitiful exterior. She couldn't wait to burrow deep within dark confines again. Wrapped and blanketed with shadows hugging her healing form. Cocooned in the dark, she would regenerate more quickly, of that she was sure. She'd sleep her days away and cautiously emerge at night, little by little. "Okay...I hope it kicks in soon." This time she didn't tense when Olive took her in a partial embrace. The hell was wrong with her?! It wasn't like the dark girl to be so...soft! "I'll try not to be too much a bother to anyone else."
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
cool cool! I’ll get her ranked up now so that you can check out our April theme/event — the deadline for sign-ups is the 7th, if you’re interested! Check the Elysium-Only forum :)

Olive was proud of how much Tzila was opening and chatting with her, despite how awful she was feeling. In fact, Olive was beginning to believe that Tzila was quite an enigmatic and respectful individual — perhaps, when she recovered, Olive might learn more about the dark woman. 

“Bother?” the druid questioned incredulously. “Tzila, don’t be silly. We welcome your presence here. Even sick as you are, you have value.” She hoped that did not come off as patronizing — it was the truth, if you peeled back the layers of ego and self-doubt that every mortal wolf wore like armor. “Let’s give the medicine time to work, then we’ll go to the den.” she said, situating herself in a spot a few feet away from the girl. “In the meantime, I’ll stay here and make sure that you are not disturbed.” She wouldn’t keep her in the open for long, if that’s what she wanted.