Hideaway Strath I could surrender but I'd just be pretending.
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"Sure," Rue replied. "I've been living in and around the northeast mountain chain-- the Sunspires-- for the last year. I know that area well, including the wolves and packs that live there." Rue doubted her knowledge would be immediately useful here in the south, but you never know. Something could come up. 

Ah, that second question though. Rue's gaze dropped to the ground for the briefest of moments. She had spoken with enough callers at the Blacktail Deer Plateau border to know that most wolves would take this time to claim impressive feats, special talents, or years of specialized training. But Rue had none of the above. 

"I'm trained in the basics of hunting, border defense, and wound care. I can pull my own weight and then some." Jack of all trades, nothing special here. Rue added, " And I don't cause trouble."  As far as she could tell from her time with the northern packs, that final remark was probably her best selling point. Rue was not accident-prone or high-maintenance. She was not here to steal anyone's rank or sleep with anyone's mate. She was happy to simply fit in and contribute wherever she was needed. 

"I'd love to hear more about the kind of pack you Towhee are building." Rue was eager to direct the conversation away from herself, feeling she had already talked far too long on her least favorite subject. It was important to her to understand Phox's vision and intentions, so she could be certain she belonged here. She wasn't going to make the same mistake she made with Diaspora.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I could surrender but I'd just be pretending. - by Ruenna - June 10, 2019, 06:39 PM