starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
@Amekaze first, then all welcome!

Wind rustled through the ivory fur of the scarred beast that lay beside the Spear's borders. After the initial fall his jaw had broken Amekaze's first fall at least partly, leaving teeth scattered across the mountainside and an ugly splash of blood upon its rocks. Further along his tumble he had eventually let go of her chest, unable to hold on any longer as consciousness drifted away. He fell for an eternity, it felt, the King -- his crown ripped from his head and fallen from his throne. But it wasn't actually that long. It just felt long in these moments.

His last thoughts were -- They should remember me as I was before this, and I love you and This mountain will always be mine. Oh, how dearly he loved his family, his beautiful family.

His Amekaze, the love of his life. Not the love that had made him happy, and so their fall was symbolic to everything they had always given each other -- enabling, driven by pride, violent, refusing to back down -- yet she had always been a mate he was proud of. Proud to have by his side, the only one in the world worthy to stand there. She was the love of his life and so it was only suiting that he break a few of her falls as they fell down, his thoughts dominated by her most of all.

@Hydra, his prize daughter. The culmination of his love for Amekaze; smart, cunning, strong. He had raised her well. Too well, perhaps, but she would do well in this world. Even if her mate @Dirge was still a worthless piece of shit in his mind. She could do better. She'd do better. She would make a great Queen for this mountain, he was sure of that. @Lyra and @Alya would stand by her side and together the three of them would be invincible, as they always had been. Three parts of a whole, and the daughters that he was the proudest of. His biggest achievement in this life.

@Korei Julia, not as accomplished perhaps but over time he had grown to miss her nonetheless. He had wanted to make up, but now it was too late; he would never get to tell her how much he loved her, despite all the harsh words he had given her in her life.

@Vela, his mini-me, most spoiled, most deservedly spoiled. Oh, how he wished he could have seen her grow up further. He referred not being able to now. Hopefully @Jarilo would not remember him for the last month, but for the advice in love and for the strong lessons he had taught his first son.

And what would become of poor @Arcturus now? Charon wanted to look after his son, willed him not to become like Julia, but this past month had been tough. It was always hard to tell what went on in his head. Charon wished his son would not blame Hydra for his parents' downfall, for it was their own doing in the end, and she needed all the help she could get here now. If only @Revui was still here to support them all, the strong, stalwart warrior who had only just risen in the ranks to be Beta.

@Yama might sit in her hideout and smile thinking of him, he hoped, and his heart ached to think her sensitivity might drive her away from the others eventually, like it had Julia. He hoped it would not. Perhaps some day she would meet her counterpart @Yami and they'd be whole again, these two halves of a whole.

Oh, @Speedy, how he should have told her to run when she had that clever idea. His only hope was them to allow her to live so that they may have a last reminder of him, but what laughable thoughts those were. Wherever she might go, he wished for his children to live so that his legacy may live on somewhere, in some form. He hoped she'd tell them of their brave and strong father and how he had almost climbed all the way up to the stars.

And the same went for his grandchildren. Oh, how he longed to have touched them, held them, played with them. Hydra had asked it of him, but now he would never be able to.

@Maia, his future Queen. When Amekaze would no longer be there, she would stand beside him. Oh, how happy she made him. How he loved her in a passionate and crazy way that frightened him and made him feel alive. Terrifying, and now he would never get to see her again.

If only he had been able to make up with @Wildfire, or see @Floki again. If only @Potema, his childhood friend and so much more, had been there around him in the days. More faces flashed by, lost in the crowd -- Pyx, Satin (@Slavik), Scarlett, Blythe, Levi, Thistle, Osprey, his dear Osprey, even her stubborn daughter Wraen, Barf face...

And now he lay here, Amekaze draped over him, on the mountainside. One last fall broken. Silent payback: For all the times he had lied to her face and cheated her, even if it was out of love. For dragging her along down the mountainside on this path of destruction. Half his face was ripped to shreds and many of his bones were broken, but he felt no pain. One last sigh was uttered before Charon's broken body stilled by the bottom of his Moonspear -- their Moonspear -- and his eyes, one good and one glossed over, stared into the empty space ahead. Who knew if he was truly among the stars now among his ancestors and deceased friends -- and Galaxy -- like he always imagined he would.

The wind swept through ivory fur of the beast that looked like the great King, but the lights were all off now.
Messages In This Thread
I'm the biggest, the best, better than the rest - by Charon - June 11, 2019, 08:40 PM