Moonspear even would i know in my lifetime i will be
453 Posts
Ooc —
I'm not that hungry, Dragomir replied. It was a lie that Arcturus could likely see right through, but the question put in mind the afternoon with Vercingetorix where his father had returned with a hare and given it solely to his children, refusing to eat himself. Dragomir doubted any of them were getting enough to eat, but in memory of his father's selflessness, he couldn't possibly take more for himself than he felt the rest of the pack needed. Weak as he felt from hunger now and again, he was alive and otherwise well. That was good enough for him.

It's been going okay, he said, a little vaguely. He had good days and bad days, but there was no use dwelling on the ones where he felt helpless and hopeless for being incapable. I can go a lot farther now, and my legs don't hurt as bad as they did before. He still had a long ways to go before he could match any of Moonspear's hale mountaineers, but being born in the mountains himself, he had the constitution for it if he just kept at it.

I'd like to spar, he said at last, pausing to peer at the Beta's face, but I don't really know how to fight that well. My dad was a warrior, I think he'd want me to know how to defend myself, but I got hurt before he could teach me anything. Even sparing all the details, and skimming over the subject of Verx, talking about these things lanced Dragomir's heart all the same, leaving him to wonder if he would ever be able to speak of what happened to him, and what happened to his father, without pain.
Messages In This Thread
even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - October 22, 2019, 05:37 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - October 31, 2019, 10:49 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - November 06, 2019, 08:52 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - November 09, 2019, 09:53 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - November 09, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - November 19, 2019, 10:00 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 02, 2019, 11:57 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 03, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 07, 2019, 11:13 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 13, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 21, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 23, 2019, 11:54 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 31, 2019, 10:30 AM