Moonspear even would i know in my lifetime i will be
453 Posts
Ooc —
Everything Arcturus said made sense in theory, yet the moment he prompted Dragomir to put it into practice, the boy's mind went into a buffering loop. Positioning himself over the stick was natural enough, he'd done this sort of guarding many times when playing with Isilmë when they were young and carefree. But it was difficult to remain poised over the stick with his defences set in any meaningful way while Arcturus circled, and moreso when the Beta feigned a dash toward him, only to zip away again.

Jumpiness set in quickly after that, causing Dragomir to attempt to turn with the Beta, leaving parts of the stick uncovered and unwatched in the process. With each feint Arcturus made, Dragomir twitched, half flinching and half lurching forward. If there had been two wolves threatening his prize, he would be sorely beaten in only a few seconds. It wouldn't take Arcturus much longer than that; the next feint rattled Dragomir's nerves enough that he shot forward, clapping his jaws defensively and leaving the stick completely unguarded. Was it better to press an attack and force an opponent back, or to remain in possession of the prize? He didn't know the answer.

And, with his attention span found lacking as this new form of training overwhelmed his inexperienced faculties, he would forget to go back to it in time to prevent Arcturus from triumphantly grabbing it.
Messages In This Thread
even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - October 22, 2019, 05:37 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - November 06, 2019, 08:52 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - November 09, 2019, 09:53 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - November 09, 2019, 10:59 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - November 19, 2019, 10:00 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 02, 2019, 11:57 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 03, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 07, 2019, 11:13 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 13, 2019, 12:50 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 21, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Dragomir - December 23, 2019, 11:54 AM
RE: even would i know in my lifetime i will be - by Arcturus - December 31, 2019, 10:30 AM