Emberwood We could be men with ven
"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
Looking for @Pirrup specifically!

Life was just grand, as of late. It was a little warmer than to his liking, down here, but everything else was falling into place. Particularly since Pip, his old partner in crime, had resurfaced quite randomly. He should have figured his brother would follow his scent. . .but this far

It was nothing short of a blessing.

He moseyed slowly along the edge of the forest today, looking for the other northern wolf. It seemed that this place, rather than the marsh, was to be their home. Quite all right with him, given the surroundings were far more cheerful. Still quite colorful, too, with the last of the autumn leaves clinging desperately to branches.

Pyg breathed deep, the smell of crisp, cold detritus a boon to his spirits. Then, without a second thought, he leapt gleefully into a pile of leaves at the base of one of the trees, flinging them about in a maelstrom of browns and reds.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Hope its okay I throw Ibis in here too! I can remove if you want.

There was a lot on her mind as she roamed through the woods. Thoughts of her family filled her mind, mostly; not just Okeanos but Seabreeze too, and Olive, and even her father Terance—she thought of all of them and how they might feel about her now, seeing all that had been accomplished. Would they be proud of what she was trying to do with these people? Would they approve? She had half a mind to send someone over to the Hollow and check-in with them, but didn't. 'Wait until things settle down first,' she thought. It was just as likely something would erupt from the earth again and take everything away from her.

The forest was a lovely place. The trees were more populous here than in the marsh but they were the same variety (for the most part), with many more elm and yew trees the deeper one travelled. These black-and-white barred trees were curious to look at; some were like pale spires topped with gold, others were varied with their bark peeling like sheets of paper from their bodies. Everything was brighter and warmer, which brought up Ibis' mood considerably.

It was easier to find her friends among the trees, too. Their shapes were starkly contrasted in the shadows, and the mud of the marsh did not reach this far west. Ibis spotted Pygmalion as he patrolled and smiled, though at quite the distance so he likely wouldn't notice, then began to plot her way towards him. It was nice to be able to move without the sticky sensation of soggy soil, and to make it between two points without having to climb over a mess of roots, even if she loved the look of them. As she came upon him she chuffed and her smile grew a little bit more genuine, contentedness filling her gaze.

How are things going, Pyg? She asked softly, just in case he was actively hunting for something—Ibis certainly did not want to come between a hunter and their prey in these dire times.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Just as Ibis appeared, the leaves settled. They landed on his head, his back, his paws — he was an exuberant, animated autumn decoration. Hallo, Ibis! he greeted warmly, tail wagging through the crisp pile. 

Pygmalion rose to his feet, cocking his head as he walked toward her. Oh, just grand. What're ye up to, then? he asked. This girl was their fearless leader, apparently, or at least the one that had brought them all together. 

But how? Where had she come to find such charisma, and where could he get a sample?
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The boy's stark white coat was layered with a flurry of gold, bronze, red—it was quite fetching actually, and very silly, but brought a genuine smile to her face and a small eruption of girlish laughter. How ridiculous he was being! But maybe he was happy with the latest turn of events, and that was good. They were all hungry and tired but at least there was still some good cheer to be had.

I'm exploring. Do you want to walk with me, or were you off on an adventure of your own? She asked as her giggling died down, feeling very warm all of a sudden. The forest was a bit drafty but it wasn't nearly as grey as the marsh, and the lack of mud was greatly appreciated as she continued to investigate. She felt as if she had more energy to spare.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He grinned widely at her laughter. Naught but a girl. . . Still, she had it, whatever it was. The quality that fetched followers. He wondered if he did as well; his family would have never said as much to a passive middle son, even if it were true.

Weel, I was lookin' fer my brother, but ye found me before he did, Pyg remarked casually. Sure, I'll walk wi' ye. At least for a little while.

He padded up to take his place by her side, looking down upon the fae with such a charming, carefree manner. What brought ye to this place? Ye seem to know a lot of folk around here.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
A brother? Ibis had been so busy running all over the valley of late, she didn't know much about the people she'd gathered. It surprised her (in a good way) to think she'd brought together a little family. It warmed her heart to think that they'd be reunited here among them, and that she played a small part in that.

As she fell in to step alongside the pale giant (as everyone was larger than her), the boy had some questions. These were, no doubt, the same questions that everyone else held for her as well. Perhaps it would be worth it to have everyone meet up again and exchange stories about themselves? That sounded a bit tedious, honestly. But it was an idea.

I grew up nearby, actually. There's a grove of willow trees a bit north from here and that's where I was raised. She didn't want to get in to the details of Elysium or the family dynamics of having two mothers, not just yet anyway. So she kept some of those details close to her heart. My parents split up when I was young, but I kept in touch with both of them. My father lives to the east, in a forest on the border of the Wilds. Thinking of Terance and the mission she'd sent Awol on, Ibis smirked, wondering just how the boy would be received. How would her family react when they learned of the pack she had magically built?

I don't know that many people, honestly. I have no idea how all of this came to be, but I am glad for it. Where do you come from Pygmalion—you, and your brother? Overhead the trees tremble, caught in a light breeze. The grey of the sky has begun to streak a little darker, and when Ibis glances to Pyg he looks luminous against the haze.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
That made a lot of sense, given how familiar she seemed with the area. A willow forest seemed lovely, though, and it was good that she had at least some family nearby. Pirrup's arrival had brought him great joy, but the rest of his kin were still far away, and would likely remain so—a fact that was hammered home as she asked of his origins. For the first time since leaving, he felt a twinge of homesickness.

Ye've got a knack fer bringin' like minds t'gether, Pygmalion replied, swinging his tail in joyful compliment. We're from way up north, the land of snow an' ice. In the warmer months, sometimes it's daylight all the time. When it gets verra cold, sometimes there's constant night. And the lights. . .

He sighed blissfully, thinking of the hues of green and blue, purple and indigo, all dancing and cloaking the stars. Ye'd have to see them to really know. Perhaps yer travels will take ye there, someday. He wondered if he would return. Right now, he'd bet his life on it.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ye've got a knack fer bringin' like minds t'gether, the man said with his brogue, sounding very foreign but very fancy all at the same time; probably because Ibis had not heard many creatures speak with accents or anything in her short life. His voice reminded her of Okeanos' (but maybe that was just because of her missing him); they weren't entirely alike except that their voices had a shared masculine twang, and it was just as likely Ibis had begun maturing in to the type of lady that would start taking notice of these masculine traits. Beyond the boy's voice, he had a confident and playful affect, serving to charm the proverbial pants off of her. If only everyone she met was so open, so charming, and so lovely to interact with! Thankfully everyone she had squished together so far seemed to be getting along.

Hearing about the north made her want to go travelling immediately. To see the many days of sunlight, or even to trace the stars during such an extended night; and the lights? She wasn't sure what he meant by lights, and imagined the twinkling of the Firefly Glen, but painted with an array of colors, and was awed by the images dancing in her mind. I would love to see that. Maybe one day I'll get up there—but, ah, if its really so cold, I don't think I would fare well! Her face was briefly, emphatically, crest-fallen. Her little body wasn't good for much: she could be swift but not strong, and was properly suited to summertime when living was much easier.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Pygmalion admired her spirit, at least. He, too, was of the mind that she probably was not suited to the north, but hey—a quick trip there and back might be possible for her. If ye go in the summer, ye might be able to stand it, he responded, smiling. That's when it's not too cold. Feels kind of like this, actually.

The man grimaced at Ibis, thinking now of the southern climate. Does it get verra hot here? he asked warily. I might have to migrate back, fer a while, when summer comes. Dinna ken if I could handle the heat.

Unless his plush coat thinned considerably, he knew quite well that he couldn't handle the heat. He wasn't about to go dashing Ibis's hopes that he'd stay for good, though. Not that he wanted to leave. . . 

Would Bhediya come with? Certainly not—with that coat of hers, she'd be miserable back in his home.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The north must have been a very different place. Ibis couldn't imagine anything being worse than this, the chilly and wet season they were bordering upon, and yet she knew that when winter hit properly, fully, she'd be struggling pretty hard. If the northern summers considered the current state to be a mild summer then she really wasn't suited to it, and that made her very, very sad. Maybe one day she'd go just to say she'd seen those lights he described—but more likely, she'd be stuck to warmer lands like the Wilds.

When he mentions that he might have to migrate back for a while, she is immediately crestfallen. I understand. You probably miss your home. But maybe in the coming weeks the woodland would become home, too. At least she could take comfort in the thought of Pygmalion returning one day — seasonally, like the birds. That thought brought a little humor back to her face; she smiles softly, and answers his question with a distracted air: I don't find it too warm... And maybe we'll all migrate with you. Who knows.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Eh, Pygmalion said indifferently to her supposition, giving a shrug. Some things, sure. Some of my family. I'm glad Pip is here, for one. But most of the rest, I could take or leave. I like it here. Maybe he could handle the scorching southern summers. He wouldn't know until he tried, right?

Still, he gave Ibis a grin. God, just imagine, the lot of us going north and then south again like a flock o' birds, he chuckled. Some packs traveled far with the seasons, but perhaps not that far. As much as he liked the idea—no, Bhediya would be miserable, and Ibis, too. Even in the summer.

It'll be sad to see all the pretty leaves gone from this place, Pyg remarked in an abrupt change of conversation, glancing upward.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
From what she knew of their population, Awol would certainly enjoy such a trip. Bhediya not-so-much perhaps, as she was older than most of them, and as she was small like Ibis, the two women would not be happy in the north. Running through the rest of them: Reiko and Kavik both seemed well-suited for it, but — she didn't get much further in her thoughts than that, as Pygmalion branched off to another topic rapidly and the transition distracted her.

Soon the last of the leaves would be stripped from the Emberwood. Some of them retained their leaves even as winter approached, but they were few and far between, and the frost would ruin the color even so. Yes, this place will be mostly bare. It will be disappointing. She remarks as she follows Pyg's gaze, and then trails alongside him with eyes watchful of the boughs. My only hope is that, come spring, everything resets. The forest, the food—if we make it. A grim thought, but a realistic one. Just how long could they survive here without having to move again?
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He was aware of the concept of a reset, though he knew that it must be much more glorious and colorful here than it was up north. On the tundra, things mostly remained the same. The sights weren't as vivid. Pygmalion couldn't wait to see the vivid greens and blooming life of a southern spring.

We'll make it, he said firmly, fixing her with a kind but sincere stare. I ken we will, Ibis. We'll just have to work t'gether, make sure everyone gives and receives their fair share. There would be no freeloaders, but no wolf would be forever on the fringes, either. All would be protected so long as they provided.

With that, Pyg felt a stirring of hope in his chest, an excitement for the future. I'm lookin' forward tae seeing the future of Uaine Gorsedd, no matter the season, he rumbled, smiling widely.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
We'll make it, he promised; he was hopeful for their future and that made Ibis' worry fade a little bit. She hooked on to that goodness within him, hungry for it. If things worked out then that was great—and if they didn't, they'd make something work regardless. All that mattered right now was their own survival and Ibis didn't want to lose anyone, so she'd do all she could to keep them together. In thinking about this she opened her mouth to say something, but was cut short as a call rose from another area of the forest; someone was calling for her, although Ibis couldn't yet differentiate the voices of those that had gathered.

I think we will, she breathes, smiling at Pygmalion even as she begins to shuffle her feet, moving towards the call as it dwindles to silence again. The swishing of the boughs is all that she can hear after that, and the crunch of leaves. Suppose I should answer that— she says with a little sigh, see you, Pyg. And away she went.
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
His ears, too, cupped toward the call, curious of who it could be. Another potential denizen of the woods? Pyg felt his mouth curve in a smile at the thought, and he nodded as Ibis bade him farewell, understanding. Aye, later, he drawled casually.

Once the girl had vanished into the trees, he looked around where he stood, unsure of what to do next.

Then, his eyes lit upon another pile of leaves. Without a second thought, he leapt towards it with a joyous bark and scattered them all about in a sort-of rainbow of fall foliage. Winter was coming, and they would be just fine.