Fishblight Mire i’m just tryna get my bands up
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
All Welcome 
What was supposed to be a brief getaway from the mountains turned into a weeklong break. He hadn't even done anything during the time. The most notable thing was his encounter in the woods, other than that he's just been wandering around, lost in his own thoughts.

It wasn't evident when Cupid was confined to Courtfall, but now that he was out here there was an ache within his heart. He missed this; running around on his own, living by his own rules. Even as he trudged through fowl mud, there was a little smile on his face.

For the first time in months he felt happy. He wanted to hold this feeling close and run away with it. Perhaps he should forget about his plans and leave Courtfall in the dust. But as he contemplated his stomach growled and he was quickly reminded of just why he chose to stay in the mountains. If he were to leave now he'd slowly die. The smile dipped down into a frown.
7 Posts
Ooc —
Away
oh, casper didn't like this one bit. that mud reeked, and it was sticky, and gross. they wanted to vomit on the spot. it was just another obstacle in their travels. the kid could barely see the end of it all, and it was so far away... so far to trudge... perhaps they thought, they should just curl up and die here... where even were they headed? casper didn't know. 

it is then that casper notices another dark figure there, like a reflection of themself. lavender eyes stare her down, and suddenly casper is frozen like a statue, eyeing the girl. they could not tell whether this person was approachable, but she certainly seemed happy, wearing a little smile on her face. they wondered how she could be so happy in this dump. now the ghost keeps their eyes fixated on the stranger, wondering if she would notice them too. 
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
There was a creeping feeling of dread as he continued through the mud. Everything had been just fine a moment before, but there was something off about the place now. It felt like something, or someone, was watching him.

Cupid abruptly stopped, ears folded against his skull and lip twitching. There was no way in hell someone was gonna get the jump on him. If they were gonna fight him, they'd have to do it head on.

His head whipped around in every which way until he spotted a dark figure. What the fuck are you looking at? he called.
7 Posts
Ooc —
Away
they noticed the wolf's expression change. perhaps that seventh sense, like a little bird telling her someone was watching her. she whipped her head here and there, and in that moment casper felt a strange rush of adrenalin, enjoying how they were still unseen when being searched for, feeling like a stalker. finally the girl locates them, calling out aggressively. 

"you," they call back. lavender eyes look the girl up and down, a very obvious once-over. "just watching you." they add. gaze wanders lazily across the swamp, before moving back to cupid. "you seemed so happy to be here. had a pretty little smile on your face," they hummed thoughtfully.  
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
What. The. Fuck. Just watching you? She could've tried to lie at the very least. She didn't have to be so blunt about it. Cupid furrowed his brow and tried to take a few steps back, but the mud made that hard. He no longer looked at the swamp with rose tinted glasses but for what it truly was: a foul trap that housed a stalker.

You're a real creep you know that? he growled.
7 Posts
Ooc —
Away
the girl's expression hardened, as she struggled in the mud to take steps backward. casper's soul smirked but their face remained blank. they kept eyes fixated on cupid- now that they knew it bothered her, they couldn't help it. they wouldn't mind seeing her writhe with discomfort. 

"yeah, i know." they reply apathetically. "i think it's so strange. that people can't bear to be watched. you're so bothered, men and women alike. i wonder why?" they muse thoughtfully. the eyes were a dangerous weapon, it seemed.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
Cupid had to keep reminding himself to keep a level head. This woman was crazy no doubt, and if he was going to get himself out of this situation he had to keep calm. Although his face pinched into an aggressive look, his tucked tail betrayed what he felt inside. He felt like prey. Every muscle in his body urged him to run, but this mud would prevent him from being fast enough. Cupid took a deep breath. Just stay calm.

You think that’s strange? he hissed, What’s strange is some random girl watching you in a dark, creepy ass swamp. Now that's strange. He took one discrete step back, then another. How long have you been standing there?
7 Posts
Ooc —
Away
finally casper lets a smirk fall onto their face as their eyes flit down to the woman's tucked tail. she was scared! and casper hadn't made even a single move. it was amusing to them, how easily only their gaze could strip someone down to a vulnerable state. to a place where they felt uneasy. and without raising a single claw to threaten, the girl was already trembling in her skin. feeling so creeped out just because roaming eyes spent a little too long on her. 

at the woman's comments, an amused grin meets casper's face. "i'm not a girl," they mutter, relaxed as ever, and add- "aw, haha! what if i told you i've been standing here all along? watching you ever since you came into my vision?" they laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world, wondering whether the girl would get even more riled up by that. 
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
That grin sent a shiver down his spine. What was their motive? Toy around with him? Best him? Kill him? Maybe they intended on doing all three, it sure seemed to be heading that way.

He needed to figure out how to get out of here. Run? No he'd be stuck in the mud. Maybe if he got close enough he could catch them off guard, push them into the sludge and hightail out of there. It's worth a shot.

He trudged closer to them, hoping that his sudden advance would put them off. I'd say you're a fuckin' creep and you should get out my way.
7 Posts
Ooc —
Away
that was enough. casper could gladly put on a show of creepiness, of boldness. but when someone bothered to show them who was boss? they wouldn't have the guts to ccontinue. they had no idea how to really fend for themselves if they didn't have poison herbs on hand. they were all bark and no bite. casper had little familiarity with sparring, and they didn't intend to partake in it today. 

so as cupid pulled closer, casper seemed to shrink in the girl's shadow. that approach was enough to frighten them. the wolf before them didn't exactly look like a mercenary- but one could never know for sure. looks could be deceiving. so once cupid uttered get out of my way, casper turned slightly, before rather suddenly taking their leave. not a full run, but a light jog which carried them slowly through the mud. no intention of looking back.
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
The game was over as soon as he stepped closer. The creep had nothing more to spew from that mouth. They turned 'round and hastily made their exit.

Cupid snorted. All talk. He was afraid of that? How embarrassing. He shook his head and walked in the opposite direction.