Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Niamh and Phox! he could not help but exclaim. Eljay looked a little embarrassed afterwards. Sorry, I didn't realise they were together at all. He supposed he hadn't hung out with either of them very much. Honestly, Eljay was sad that they hadn't approached him themselves about this, so that he knew he might need to assist them with things later on, but he also decided not to dwell on that nagging anxious feeling for too long.

A midnight -- oh, Eljay said, unable to help being a little surprised about that too. Eljay could not help but feel a little anxious that pups would be born with just one parent, and a little jealous that he would never be able to achieve such a feat even if he had wanted to be a parent again, himself.

Yeah, I saw her that day. She seemed to take it hard, Eljay said when Wraen mentioned Towhee was broken from visiting Raven. He still didn't know the full story, but, well. Alright. Thanks for filling me in.

The talk of kids reminded Eljay of when he and Wiffle talked about it the year before. When Wiffle said that she wanted to make him a father, because he deserved it. When she looked at him and really saw him, for what felt like the first time anyone ever really saw him. And if it had taken four years for anyone to see him that way, then he didn't think it would ever happen again. It was easy to get lost in those thoughts, of how happy he had been, and how short the hapiness had lasted. It was the wildest rollercoaster of his life, except the designers had forgotten to finish the safety details so they had all crashed. He thought of Elfie, who looked so much like his mother, and who was lost, probably forever, possibly under the rubble, who he hadn't gotten to hold one last time...

Eljay swallowed after what was about ten seconds, but had felt like ten minutes. Sorry, I... He wasn't really sure what to even say. It wasn't as if anyone could understand what he was going through, even now. He felt guilty for still hurting so much from Wiffle's death and for hurting so much from his son's disappearance and for worrying every day about how all of that must impact Weejay every day. What was he doing again? Right, Midwifery. Eljay looked up at Wraen, swallowed away his feelings and said: I'll check up on Niamh to see if she needs any assistance.
Messages In This Thread
silver lining - by Eljay - January 28, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: silver lining - by Wraen - January 31, 2020, 02:51 PM
RE: silver lining - by Eljay - February 11, 2020, 07:12 AM
RE: silver lining - by Wraen - February 14, 2020, 03:22 PM
RE: silver lining - by Eljay - February 18, 2020, 09:32 AM
RE: silver lining - by Wraen - February 18, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: silver lining - by Eljay - February 19, 2020, 03:07 AM
RE: silver lining - by Wraen - February 22, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: silver lining - by Eljay - February 24, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: silver lining - by Wraen - February 28, 2020, 03:06 PM
RE: silver lining - by Eljay - March 03, 2020, 05:40 AM