Firefly Glen I close my eyes and you lead the way
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal = confused boy

Damn, had he gone too deep already? He'd said like two things! He'd been trying to be clever and that had gone south in a way he hadn't imagined -- well, maybe not entirely south but a direction that made him at his core slightly uncomfortable. He didn't know what she wanted to hear -- or how to say it. Should he? Answering that oh yes, he was totally on whatever journey was outright dishonest, and he wouldn't be able to keep up that lie if she went deeper into whatever the heck she was talking about.

If only life was so cut and dry. He had tried fighting, he had tried surrendering, playing nice, giving people what they wanted, and yet still he had always gotten the short end of the stick. Whatever out there had determined that he was to be alone in this world had been pretty stubborn about it. Perhaps it was just chance, and yet chance had yet to give him something good so far in these years on this mud ball. It was better that Mal just continue to be the creature that was slogging through it. There was a pause there as he figured out his words, I'm on the path that helps my pack. I might not get a happy ending, but I'm making sure they will. If she didn't like that, then he didn't think they'd be able to share any common ground no matter what. Was it sacrifice? More like just stubbornness. Something had to go right for someone somewhere. Just that someone was never named Mal.
Messages In This Thread
I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - February 29, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Miriam - February 29, 2020, 11:46 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - February 29, 2020, 03:19 PM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Miriam - March 01, 2020, 12:00 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - March 01, 2020, 12:36 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Miriam - March 01, 2020, 12:47 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - March 03, 2020, 03:39 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Miriam - March 07, 2020, 10:20 PM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - March 07, 2020, 11:29 PM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Miriam - March 07, 2020, 11:39 PM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - March 08, 2020, 12:50 AM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Miriam - March 09, 2020, 06:46 PM
RE: I close my eyes and you lead the way - by Mal - March 11, 2020, 02:00 AM