Chimera Fields Leaving all our worries behind
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
He'd wandered a little, somewhat daring of him, but that was more because he'd been following a hare that had strayed from its warren -- or maybe it was going back to one beyond the forest. Who knew. Either way, he'd lost the scent about ten or twenty minutes ago. Since then he'd shifted to just wandering around. He was sort of half-looking for a sign of one of the more dangerous wolves, but also wouldn't mind if he managed to pick that scent up again so he could bring home something edible.

You know, multi-tasking. Finally with a bit of clear weather, it seemed like he'd have an easy time spotting anything at a distance, and if things went south returning home was easy. But still, he stayed on the part of the field that bordered his forest. It felt wrong to wander far, and likely would for a while longer, even without the threat of villainous sorts lurking about.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Between being in her actual home, the stretch of the fields to the pasture and then bay was the route in which Kyr often wandered. She had been on her route for a mixture of hunting and scouting, be it information or food which came first. This time it had been food and the woman held a smug grin over her features as she trotted back towards home with a plump hare hanging from her jaws - Mal's hare, in fact. Though she would have taken the opportunity to head to the coast to visit @Ying for their little "sleep over" Kyr was still none the less tinkled to death with her swift catch. 

She trotted back home, moving along the eastern portion of the fields where already new baby sprouts of wildflower began to regrow. Here she would find her leader lounging about to enjoy the clear afternoon. Coming directly up to him she would settle the brown jack rabbit in front of him. Ah, and here I thought we were supposed to travel in pairs? She spoke with a little laugh and found those long legs of hers bending down for a sit. What's the latest report on the attackers? She knew that everyone was to remain cautious, keep and eye out and report any information. Vallkyrie had none as of yet though where she had lacked in any scouting info had kept up with filling the caches.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Oop. I need to add a news thingy, but he would have howled to remind everyone to watch out after Hydra's visit.

Seemed like Vallkyrie had more luck than he did. He was almost to the point of giving up and just directly wandering home. Could say the same to you -- it's not like it's so far, and you've got all the luck anyway. You aren't following me, right? You'd make people think you liked me. A flashy grin that didn't come with a wink but it was implied. Sure, it'd be more fun to poke at Belharra with that particular joke but whatever. He was still a cheeky little twerp no matter what. 

But her question pretty much put an end to that fun, and he stretched before taking a seat too. One of the maniacs from months ago is back in the area. I haven't smelled her, but Hydra dropped by and said that that crazy chick attacked one from her pack.  A pause, I haven't found any signs of any of them. Obviously, with all that's like.. happened, I haven't had a chance to get back out there to the other packs. One ear tipped backwards. Cupid and Caerus, Clover, Miriam. Was a lot for one week. He wasn't entirely sure how much the others had surmised from scents or anything.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Oops... The little remark whispered from her black lips as a single paw shifted around in the dirt and her eyes looked around as though like a child did when their trying to cover something up. Nope, wasnt me! Me? Noooo... Then when he jokingly mentioned her perhaps following him around and what thoughts that might lead to amongst the pack, she huffs. Then again... What's not to like? She pushes at his ego, toying. And you are such a pretty thing. She teased and yet, it wasnt like she was lying. Mal was a very uniquely colored wolf even if his structure was all rather average in portion. Down to his bi-colored eyes of Sun and Moon, to his splotchy patchwork of coating. And, well, he was a good guy. He was an active member of his pack and active leader. He was laid back, optimistic, caring...

But, being young, Kyr hadn't really bothered to think about such things as 'mates' but Mal was a flirt. Well, with basically everyone it seemed. If she knew his track record? Well, let's just say Kyr wasnt like many of the Teekon girls who let their hormones get to them and have one night stands with a different guy (or multiple) each time they got their heat. And if she couldnt be the only one well, then she was none at all. Or, well, so she figured. Remember, she was young and highly inexperienced unlike the guy in front of her. They took on one of Hydra's hu? Surprised they havent snatched you up yet. She was teasing and yet still surprised one of the Moonspear wolves had gotten attacked without them dispatching the attacker in  the process.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Uh huh. That's what he thought -- she was out here causing trouble like the best of them. He licked a tuft of fur down, sort of a purr of a reply with a devilish grin, Oh I do try. Was it purely due to her particular ego stroking or just him playing along for kicks? It was hard to tell. To a certain point to Mal it didn't matter as long as it was amused him in the end. Vallkyrie was, after all, a loyal packmate, so she'd proven. But really there were certain other things that he was blind to -- he honestly didn't have too much of an opinion on how someone looked or who they were. Did they respond to what he did? Then sure, let's play.

Mal hadn't thought about any of it in the big picture either... Simply because nobody close to him ever had a real relationship that he was aware of until Zephyr and Kratos. So he wasn't even aware of whatever rules people might have, let alone want to play by them. His world was very simple: do what's fun. He never seemed to be anyone's first choice for anything long term anyway (as would most likely become even more clear later on). So live for the moment because the moment was all he was getting from anyone. I think it's the spots. Too exotic for their tastes, you see,, he said in jest. A pause, then he remembered and added, Oh, and she said hi back, by the way.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
She couldn't help the rolling of those icy piercing eyes of hers as Mal went to licking at his coat and purring an equal agreement to her. He was a flirt, this was certain and with that pretty little "boy next door" face of his, she would be left to wonder just how many young and dumb woman he had wriggled into the sack just this one year alone. 

Snorting, though never removing the smile from her lips, the leggy woman picks up the jack rabbit once more and moves into a manner which she could lay down side-by-side with Mal and lays down the rabbit along their forelegs for them to share, should he choose. She enjoyed this. Though she understood why it was important to uphold a proper, strong and serious disposition towards wolves that came to their border (though she had failed at that last round) she also knew that having a comfortable relationship with your pack mates, including the Alpha, was what helped it strive. 

She nods at Mal, having remembered to greet Hydra when he got the chance. She seems like she really has a good head on her shoulders, that one. I wouldnt mind learning a thing or two from her. She could admit that she was still learning herself, having not even yet reached the threshold of "adulthood" which came at two. I think if we ally with Moonspear, even if some of its members were too high and mighty for her taste, It would be good for us, good for the pack. They were still new and although they seemed to be a quite close knit group and trusting of one another, willing to work together, they still needed to learn the ropes for the long term. Besides, She couldnt help the wide grin which played on her features as she side-glanced to Mal for reaction, If you keep going the way you are, we may need help watching all the kids around here and I dont just mean our young pack-mates either. She nudges into him. Such a scoundrel! Think she hadn't noticed??
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Moonspear was a complicated subject. Mal's interactions with them had been strained at best, and maybe now had started to improve, but he wasn't anywhere near thinking they were hot stuff -- they were more like loose cannons. Still, he wasn't going and totally dismissing the idea, I wouldn't jump so quick to think that pack's totally the best ever, though. You realize they almost killed a lost kid, right? Between the bite first, ask questions later thing and the fact that they seem to think stuff outside their territory belongs to them too, they got some serious issues that don't seem like the best uh... things to copy I guess. What they did to Cam was going to need a bit more than just a little bit of time to get over. Trusting them seemed pretty questionable unless he was sure whatever it was benefited Moonspear directly. But still, he shrugged, In the end, we'll see what they do. I think they're supposed to be working with Ying and her group too, so maybe that'll give everyone a better sense of everyone else if we're all trying to find the people who are really bad out there together. He was feeling like that one kid was the biggest issue -- mega grudgeholder deluxe.

As he had spoken, he'd sort of positioned himself so he could eat, but obviously he was doing so much blabbing away it was kind of hard to actually do so. And maybe then he was going to have a chance when Vallkyrie got a particularly devious look and accused him of -- what, filling the pack with pups?!  But it wasn't like Mal was hooking up with everyone just some... Clover hadn't shown up (yet?) at all. Caerus was the only one for sure in the pack. He scoffed, but was in good humor, giving her a bit of a smirk, What, were you and Belharra both planning to have kids too and not telling me? It's not like there's a ton who'd be even able. Though maybe he was preemptively crossing out a few that might actually be able but he expected wouldn't.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie listened, taking in the information which Mal gave her on Moonspear. She nodded, not at all objecting to her leader's words. He had been here trying to form his pack for some time now and likely (and obviously) knew the members of Moonspear fat more so then she. That doesnt surprise me. Some of the members seem a little, God complex, if you catch my drift. When you become a part of something strong, something great, there were other less savory, less noble, wolves whom took advantage of it and tried stomping their paws all over everyone else.

He spoke of Ying then and her group of 'guardians of the galaxy wilds' she was forming. Kyr was no warrior but she could hold her own. Maybe in the long run, these rogue killers might help pull the packs together. She could only hope. After all, she'd hate to be ran off by another pack whom wanted to try and take over every piece of land near the mountains. It...well, it sounded similar to her home, Torbine. They ruled all of the peninsula, having different divisions settled out to enforce their rule and only allowing small bands and groups around for a price to their benefit. It worked great, sure, but not when your on the other end of the stick. 

A sudden bit of shock took her when Mal propositioned her and @Belharra. Was this some kind of three way!? Buy one get one free wild and crazy? Well, Belharra did get the wild idea to try and finally join the ranks once Kyr did so maybeee.... Vallkyrie was caught off guard, not as quick of a tongue as her bog-rat friend was. I'm not your one night stand type of girl, now shut up and eat the dinner I got for you! She bitches like a wife might to a husband 30 years deep. Grumbling, she reaches down and beginnings knawing on the jack rabbit's leg and hip.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
God complex? Yeah that was one way to put it, he nodded. He could probably think of a few other creative colorful names as well. But they were definitely on the same page for how Ying's mini army thing might help, That'd be the hope. Sure, it wasn't exactly the exact way he wanted to gain people's respect, but well.. He'd roll with the punches. Time will tell, I guess.

Had his joke touched a nerve? He'd been expecting some lighthearted quip in return about how he shouldn't get any funny ideas. But she took it quite literally. Mal had thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't being too serious... Which of course only amused him further, grin widening -- though he held off on saying more until he reached down and was about to take a bite, One? Why does it have to be just one? And though he would have happily said something more, he also didn't want to give up a chance at the rabbit so he chomped into the half closest to him rather aggressively in case she was going to try to pull it away. The tip of his tail was twitching like a cat's, trying desperately to not show he was having way too much fun.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
And Mal was right, that one, to expect Vallkyrie would snatch away the rabbit away from him for his little comment. Having grabbed onto the rabbit's hip, she jerked her head away but not before Mal aggressively got ahold himself. Growling, she yanked at the kill, its skin and flesh stretching under the pressure. Vallkyrie flopped to her side, even going so far as to use her front legs to press against Mal's shoulder in a game of tug-of-war until the poor rabbit was torn apart. 

Growling again, Vallkyrie 'angry ate' as icy eyes shot daggers at her Alpha. She wasnt of course, truly mad at him but she enjoyed the playful squabble. In a way, She started up as she licked her bloody lips. The white which started at her throat and down to her belly, was now stained all along her neck and chest. It would be 'just one'. As in I would be the only one. Lovers is definitely a thing I dont plan on sharing. Then again, can't say I've ever been that road to tell... She knew what she wanted, at least now. Though things might change with the tides, Kyr didnt think she would let herself going into heat change her views. She did, however, let it slip to Mal just how inexperienced she was with... Well, IT , all of it. You know, She started up once more, a smirk moving over her lips yet again. Your alot of talk. Between flirting, teasing, sarcasm, and just talking in general. There just happens to be a certain someone I think would make a wonderful girl for you to settle down with. Can ya guess who!?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He kept hold, sort of tugged Vallkyrie's way, but he stayed put, growling playfully as his tail lashed behind him. Nope, he wasn't gonna let go, giving his head a bit of a shake as she more seriously tried to wrench it away. But a rabbit versus two wolves? Yeah, that wasn't going to last. A few more good shakes and it tore in two, Mal fell back on his rump, the front half of the rabbit in his jaws. It might have been the smaller half but it was something!

Mal sat the half-rabbit down on his paws, preparing to eat, tail still wagging behind him. He took a few nibbles as she kept talking. So she was pretty much crossing herself off whatever lists Mal might be keeping. Whatever, that was her own business -- missing out on the fun, he supposed. Oh really? And I don't know, settling down might not be all you seem to think it's cracked up to be... An upward flick of his brows. He seemed somewhat skeptical about both, and still kind of taking it as a joke. How many people did she know in the pack, even? Mal had a suspicion about who that might be... But really, he was pretty sure that with the way things had gone so far in his history, he wasn't going to count on anything reliable ever happening in his life. That'd be too much -- and hurt too much when it came to an end, as it was doomed to do, but that certainly wasn't going to show on his face.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
He speaks of settling down perhaps note being fun for her, not something she thought it would end up being. Her head cocked to the side, those pale and eerie eyes of hers tossing upward to the afternoon skies as a 'hrmmm' murmured over her lips. She thought that having a loved one, someone she could count on, grow old with, have a true family with... it sounded lovely. She didnt have to, in a manner of speaking, dress sexy and put of her make up and the guy didnt have to woo and flirt and show off. They could be themselves, bond, grow, trust eachother. But solid relationships like that also took alot of work and left little room if your sexual desires steered a different direction from her loving emotions. She had gone into heat this season and managed to stay all to herself during that time. But when it happen again, then what? Still, she didnt imagine having pups with someone who also had pups with a bunch of other females would be nice. It would mean his attention would be divided. He wouldnt be there for her or the children as much as she might need him. She was a scout and a huntress, after all. For the health of her pack and family she would need to be out and about alot. Who could she trust better then their own father to watch the pups while she was gone?

All those thoughts nearly left her head spinning and she looked back down after those few moments and shook out her thoughts. She didnt know. But it did sound like Mal spoke from some experience. So you really are a slut then. She spoke on him having protest to 'mates'. She shakes her head and laughs, her tongue licking along those bloodied jaws as she lifts up and lays back down close to Mal as she had been before. This time, however, instead of just seemingly laying side by side her lead casually, she leans into him...

A pure rumbles from her lips as she tested him, allowing a veil of seseriousness overcome her. She leans, pressing her body close to his. Her rawboned, slim and cut figure slight against his thicker form. Yes... She whispers and if he allows it and doesnt pull away, reaches to preen at the furs on his jawline and lick the rabbit blood from his muzzle. She'd be perfect for you. A flirt, a talker, filled with tease and sarcasm... She pulls back her head enough to look at him directly. Her icy eyes hard and cold though slowly that smirk of her spreads wide over her features and she comes out the name, @Belharra. Heheheheheheeee !!!
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Yeah, she was very set on that whole one thing, it seemed. Sounded dangerous, as said. Again he scoffed, Last I checked there wasn't anything wrong with people having a good time together. Or at least there certainly wasn't in his book. He'd put whatever pleasures he could dredge up over whatever silly extra morals she happened to have stacked on top.

But she moved closer. He stopped eating and looked over as she settled next to him. Of course he wasn't going to move. He was suspicious, but you know what? Let her. He shifted slightly, turning slightly towards her so he could better see. Mmm? was his reply she reached out to groom at his muzzle. Until she stopped short, pulled away, and chirped out Belharra's name. He was getting very good at the scoffing thing, Pfft! You aren't innocent of teasing there yourself! Rewind to like three seconds ago! She doesn't seem to like playing nice with me so that seems rather like a non-starter. Slight roll of his eyes. But he did honestly feel like the times he'd dealt with Belharra, she had been more interested in talking down on Mal than having fair play in the whole thing.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
She had shrugged at Mal's initial comment, having not much of a say on it really. She couldn't object, she had never done it. Though it was safe to say much of her family was a bit more, "traditional" then again equally there were those who were not. Still, as it seemed, those who were 'basterd children' rarely rose to any sort of position. 

Vallkyrie couldnt, and wouldnt, help the laughter which came over her as her leader scoffed. She fell into his side, laughing all the while. It was true, she couldnt help but tease him. He rolled his eyes, opposing only based on Belharra's uncertainty of him. She didnt think he was much for a leader and didnt take him seriously at all and yet she had still joined. Vallkyrie began to truly wonder if she had only because of herself giving it a try. 

She would have chanted loudly, 'You like Bel, you like Beeel!!' But decided to skip the whole five year old thing. Well, that wasnt a no. She spoke with a cheeky grin. Maybe he really did like her. OH, the gossip. She lifted up off of him though remained laying, front toes splaying and stretching out. Just think, your splotches, her dark brown and black coat... your kids will look like that ran through mud puddles. 'Insert Puddle of Mudd song here'.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
And she flopped onto him, cackling away -- she was certainly having fun with this! Not that he really minded or anything. It's not like it was really at his expense, it was just a bit of goofing about. Again he'd shifted slightly as she'd moved against him, theoretically making them both a bit more comfortable for the few moments it lasted. He did this without thinking about it consciously at all. In fact, he continued to muse without a missing a beat, I thought that as it stands it was ridiculous enough not to need one. -- You saw her reaction at the borders when I called her on that myself, he said with a grin. But actually, we as readers kind of haven't seen. That's her next post and it ain't up yet. Oops. Based on previous posts, guessing it wasn't going to be her admitting her absolute adoration of him unless with a near-fatal dose of sarcasm.

And the pup she described, well, that sort of matched Caerus in a way, didn't it? But he was pretty quiet about his kid being in the pack. He didn't know how to bring that up. Again, who knew so far? He wasn't sure. Mal didn't know how to talk about him yet anyway, so he avoided the whole thing entirely, hoping to send her off on another tangent instead, You seem to be thinking way too much about this. I can only imagine the nonsense you get up to with her. That was when he moved back to more easily be able to chew on the remains of the rabbit -- which in one movement was far more obvious than the two it had taken to get there in the first place.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Who knows, she might come around. She joined the pack, didnt she? Though she had meant to tease, it was yet still true that the woman who had wandered around as a rogue had finally given it. Vallkyrie it was certain it was not at all because she felt like she needed to. No, Belharra needed not anyone to survive out there as a loner but maybe she just wanted a change of pace? Give it a go, like Kyr had thought to when joining this group of youngsters. Still, Kyr didnt see it coming when it came to Belharra teaming up. 

Yawning, she gave another stretch as she lazily wriggled about on the outskirts of the fields which bordered their home. Yeah, you could, couldn't you? I met her some time ago back in the fall. We were more or less 'traveling partners' while we were loners. Vallkyrie had never experienced a winter on her own and while it was hard, could have been much more so had she not had the help of Belharra along with the few others she ran into.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He shrugged. She joined the pack, but other than that, he hadn't run into her too much. At some point he probably should go make sure she was staying out of trouble. Maybe. They'd otherwise stayed out of each other's way. But if she and Belharra were that close, Mal was pretty sure he'd end up hearing Belharra's side of whatever conversation they'd have about this at some point, even if it was through Vallkyrie's teasing later on.

He had a thought, and flipped the conversation back to her, If you're looking for one guy, shouldn't you be the one more concerned rather than fussing about me? Or are you just trying to get Belharra out of the way so she doesn't try to snatch whoever you've got your eye on? It used to be a bit of a boys' club here -- now the few of us guys left are surrounded by women. His smirk had turned far more mischievous by the end of that. And I don't know how much Atausiq would be willing after how much the pair of you must have teased him at the borders before I got there. So that left Matty? Or depending on whether she cared about biology or not, Cupid.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
He had a thought, that he did and in an instant the tables were turning on poor little ol' Kyrie. Should she be concerned? Get Belharra out of the way? And that was true, that part. When she first joined, there was only one girl besides her she thought...Simmik, right? Now spring had come and the guys had all left to chase tail and then tail came running this way into the pack for 'a father figure, pups and security'. Piss. Spring sure had a way with making everyone loose their damn minds. 

Her icy pale eyes cut daggers at Mal and that malicious smirk he had toying over his lips. The nerve of him!! Mentioning that hotheaded male at the border was one thing, but if he had mentioned his thoughts too? That he even considered his left overs or a mere pup as an option as well? The. Nerve. 

Calm down...! She quips with a scoff, angling herself so she could shove his hip with one of her back paws. I'm not just gonna pick a random guy out if a rabbit hole. Its not like I'm looking to settle down and pop out babies right now. She was still so young herself, after all. I just know when I do, I wanna get it right... And then, a more serious approach. One maybe that would touch home with Mal and he would understand her meaning behind it all better. There are too many wolves just sleeping around to sleep around, but not thinking of the consequences. Sure, they can have their fun but, in the long run its the pups that come after that get the short end of the stick. Either there father isnt around or they could have multiple fathers and they aren't sure. Too young of wolves loosing or abandoning their pups cause they weren't ready... I'm not gonna be like that. She could have fun, play, goof off, tease, but she was also a very headstrong woman, responsible and determined to do right by herself and those under her charge. It was after all why Mal thought she was so smart!
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He seemed to be doing a pretty good job pushing her buttons -- which was good, it was fun and he was at least pretty sure she knew he wasn't being super serious. No it's just me who's gotta settle down, huh? She could shove at him all she wanted, he wasn't going to metaphorically budge this day.

But for some reason she was making it sound like it was just the guys' fault. He did frown a little, Always the fathers, huh? My mom was the one who left, first, at least, he'd not go into Delight's later failings this instant, and I wouldn't be abandoning anyone. Now he wasn't promising to be tied to anyone for life or anything, but he would take care of whatever kids he ended up having -- if they stayed here at least. He didn't see it as a big deal, which was likely foolish in some ways, but it wouldn't stop him from trying. He could and would do better than his parents.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
Vallkyrie snorts and tosses her skull back with another rolling of her icy eyes, Mal's words leaving her playfully scoffing at him. When he mentioned that his mother had been the one to up and leave him as a pup, her face wrinkles up at him in distaste. I couldnt imagine it. I cant even see why have pups if you dont want to care for them. Kyr had been one of the lucky ones to have both of her parents around and not split up in a manner where she was forced to not see one while visiting the other- she had both, together. There were ways to rid yourself of pups before they were born or to give them to someone who could not carry. But to up and leave? Maybe Kyr was just carved from better stuff to detest the thought - perhaps Mal too.

You turned out quite alright, at least. At least Mal planned on trying to take care of his pups from whatever 'harlem' of women he had roaming around. With all the new females in the pack, it was a wonder how many puppy mouths their would be to feed (as if their wasnt enough all ready) and how quickly the caches would need to be filled. She supposed she would just have her work cut out for her and do what she could to make sure Mal was 'in check' so to speak. She just wanted what was best for her Leader, of course! 

Lifting up from her lazy lounge at the patch worked male's side, she lowers her top half for a stretch, tongue lolling out before lifting back up to full height again. I think I'll head back in for a nap. She spoke, eyes shifting from Mal and to the borders of their forest. After the hunt, the eating, and the bitching at him, Kyr was exhausted!
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
He wasn't about to speculate on what other people thought. People were weird, that much he was sure of, and they'd keep being weird. People like Mal just tried to pick up the pieces when they could, roll with the punches when they couldn't. A pause, then a wide grin spread across his features again, devious, and he repeated, Oh, I do try. Gotta get in that callback.

I'll head back soon. I'll finish up what you caught here first, thank you again. A dip of his head, before continuing, Then make sure to cause plenty of trouble before I'm home. You know. The usual. If it bugged her, he was totally gonna keep being goofy that way, even if his actual plan was a good deal more boring -- eat, go home.
390 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Tracker
Ranger
She had about opened her mouth to say your welcome until he went on about causing trouble. She didnt believe it to be true but tossed Mal a rolling of her pale blue eyes anyhow. Just be home and in bed by sunset. She teased right back and turned to make way into the forest.