Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
West didn't miss the smile that graced her features. It suited her much more than whatever pain she might be holding onto. He himself had never really suffered, but he's seen the effects, he knows how Leta feels. It was rude to pry and if she chose to ever tell him he'd listen. Except he never expected that moment to be now—

Polaris thanked him to which he could only mumble a quick 's no problem— before she continued. He never knew that their dad had taken Clay out. Were they past the borders? How come he's the only one who hasn't left Easthollow? When they were young they were scolded for even going near the borders after Leta was attacked. The woodland boy fought off the frown that threatened to tug at his lips. Maybe his parents thought he wasn't ready...his brother had both left without a word and Leta had guardians. He never bothered asking since he saw how torn up Valette was after Clay left...er...was taken.

West had fallen victim to his spiraling thoughts once more and quickly had to refocus on the conversation and pick up the pieces he missed. Nightwalkers were a pack. She followed Clay there and when she tried to leave she...was attacked. Too shocked to hold back the frown, West's eyes traveled down to her scarred side with ears pulled back. He wasn't sure how he missed the marks until now, but they were large and covered much of her flank just like Clay. Just how big was this leader to leave scars as large as hers and his brothers?

With the flip of a switch, Polaris was on her feet before him as if she hadn't just dropped one of the largest bombs he'd ever heard. He knew he was the one to suggest it, but he couldn't help but pause as he tried to collect his thoughts. She smiled again, this time dipping her head as she finally gave a name. Polaris. Finally, something to match to her face and amongst all the confusion he could feel his face burn hotter than ever.

The woodland boy had to remind himself that he still had not spoken as he managed to find his words, West— West Tyree of Easthollow. Somehow he managed to return her gesture with a bow of his own, but he couldn't help but hyper fixate on every movement and breath he breathed. He really didn't want to mess things up now. You uh, you're not from around here. Are you just visiting or are you new?
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by West Tyree - April 11, 2020, 09:14 PM