Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
His chest tightened as the dove repeated his name. It was a weird feeling and he wasn't sure he liked it, but it didn't hurt. It was just...different. West did his best to stifle his awkward laugh as she questioned his unusual name, I uh, I don't really know to be honest. I'm the only one of my siblings with another name. My grandpa's last name is Apaata so maybe it's two last names? West Tyree Apaata? No one called him that, but technically that would be his name. Oh well, a question for his parents later. He shrugged it off for now. Most just call me West.

The woodland boy's tail flicked behind him rustling the tall grass when she confirmed her stay. There weren't really any wolves their age aside from Leta and Charles...well Clay now too, but he clearly wasn't social. It would be nice to have another friend. He had never heard of a Swiftcurrent Creek, but then again he never left the territory. Whatever packs were out there he had no idea where they were, what they were called or how close they could be. The only one he really knew of was Kaistleoki, his sister's pack, but again the whereabouts of that was pretty unknown to him.

West tilted his head when Polaris stated she was leaving, even if it was briefly, why would she need to leave? She just got here, didn't she? The dove was quick to explain what had happened during the winter, even Easthollow had experienced the quakes, albeit it was without consequence. It must have been so much worse elsewhere, even his sister was forced to move her pack due to destruction. My mom values honesty— I don't think I've met your family, but if she says they were here, then I'm positive they're alive. He had been too focused on the borders and hunting to really both meeting new adults. Even if there had been another girl here apparently, they just missed each other's paths.

West waited as Polaris paused, her gaze dropping to the earth beneath them as she found her next words. The grip in his chest seemed to tighten when she mentioned a travel partner and before he really had the chance to think he blurted out, I can go—! I mean— I've never been outside the territory before, but, I'm pretty good at hunting so...you wouldn't have to worry about food? I'd have to ask my mom, but all my other siblings have already left before, I don't see why I couldn't go— with you...if you want. Oh god he had rambled. The boy wanted to slam his head into the nearest tree. Aside from company he probably wouldn't even be that useful, everyone knew how to hunt right? He certainly didn't know where this mountain was or how to get there. West could feel his skin growing hot beneath his pelt as he tried to think of a way to recover some of his dignity from the likely obvious desperation in his voice. Uh— there's also my Uncle Xan? He's been outside the territory a lot. He could maybe help you? My sister left to look for our brother with our other Uncle and Aunt, otherwise, I'd suggest them. He secretly hoped that she took his offer instead. His paws itched to leave the territory, he wanted to explore and if it meant getting to spend some more time with her it was a win-win.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by West Tyree - April 12, 2020, 03:59 PM