Stone Circle i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her
Aaaa it's ok! I love Polaris sm

Never met her grandparents? Didn't she live with her family in her pack? He did have siblings somewhere else in the world, but he never really thought about the fact that they weren't coming back since they all seemed to visit, at least Ira did. Yeah, he lives here. So do my aunts and uncles, but I have a few siblings who left. Er...I guess most of them left actually. It's just me, Clay, Leta, and our older sister Arlette. The woodland boy tipped his head back as he tried tracing what family he knew of. There really were a lot of them, but he had always assumed that was normal. Easthollow was founded on family after all.

West was pulled out of his thoughts as Polaris declared her preference for "West Tyree". It seemed weird to him, but that's probably because his parents only really called him by both if he was in trouble. You think so? Something about the way she said it warmed him. It didn't feel like he was being chastised, no this was different, it felt...empowering. Yeah— Yeah! He puffed his chest as he straightened his posture with a new spark in his eyes, I'll stand for nothing less, it's West Tyree. His serious look melted away as he laughed genuinely for the first time around the dove, finally slipping into conversation with ease.

"My last name's Tonrar"

The woodland boy mumbled the name to himself as he tried to solidify it to memory. She claimed it was an ordinary surname so he didn't need to use it, but he wasn't quite sure what made it different. Was it the fact that she only had one? Why wouldn't you say it still? Then again people didn't call his grandpa Kove Apaata, just Kove. Not wanting to sound like an idiot, he'd keep that question to himself. It was unfortunate that Newt wasn't around, he'd probably know.

Polaris didn't respond as directly to West as he expected. Instead, she seemed to gawk like he just grew another pair of ears. He wanted to squirm under the silence of her stare but refused to budge. Instead, his tail flicked restlessly behind him.

"I can't believe you've never left the territory like....how?"

Oh, Gods, he was weird. 137% weird just like Charles. There was no recovering from this, even Newt left the territory and he was probably the one most likely to stay behind out of all of them. But it's not like he didn't want to leave! Just...things were complicated. Ever since Leta was attacked, their parents doubled down about even going near the borders and then Clay disappeared...it just didn't feel worth the strain he would cause on his mom for his own selfish gain. The woodland boy practically tuned out Polaris as she rambled on about her experience in the uncharted, it was over for him.

"you are 100% coming with me"

Wait what— His gaze snapped back to the dove in a flash, a fleeting moment of hope gripping his chest as she continued. She wants to show him past the borders? A smirk falls upon her lips and he can't stop the smile growing on his own. It's not until she finishes with his full name that his smile turns into a full-on grin, Really—?! I can teach you! I mean my mom's a lot better, but she thinks I have the potential to be just as good as her! I ah— I ate a lot as a kid he chuckled awkwardly before continuing We had a famine over the winter so I had to learn to feed myself basically. I felt bad that my parents kept giving me their shares. Finally, the boy's expression falters, albeit just for a second. It wasn't my choice to stay. I've wanted to explore since I was a kid, just circumstances, y'know?
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: i knew it was you when you sang me that song you wrote about her - by West Tyree - April 14, 2020, 02:39 AM