Neverwinter Forest aurora
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
Private 
whelping den discovery! forward dated slightly @Simmik
loose reference (used with artist permission; see comments in link)
She's on the hunt for a den, one more suited to her needs now that she's on the path to motherhood. Her search brings her near the northern border of the territory, where mountains loom in the distant, blocking the coast. The ground is uneven in places here, sharp rocky rises appearing in the terrain the closer she drifts to the mountains. An oddity tucked against one such rise catches her attention; an opening amongst a thick tangle of bent and fallen trees and rock, almost appearing sloppily latticed in the space surrounding the single entrance. Intrigued, she presses forward to inspect the strange clearing.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik spent a lot of time around the northern part of their territory, exploring the mountains and the glacier that bordered the forest there. Today, it had been the mountains. She had been wandering the peaks for some time before she picked up on the scent of a packmate. This packmate had been here for some time but she had not spoken to her very much. So she tracked the scent until she found the woman near the entrance to what looked like a cave. She offered a soft chuff to alert her of her presence before greeting her. Hey, she said as she came to stand next to her. I'm Simmik. Are you exploring?
Inuttuk
Common
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
The moment of discovery is soon interrupted by a packmate, but Aibreann doesn't mind. Hello, She greets the pale girl with a smile. Nice to meet you, Simmik. My name is Aibreann, and I'm searching for a place to make my whelping den. I think I've found it. Her gaze drifts back to the opening, full of curiosity. Perhaps you'd like to tag along while I inspect it further?
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Yeah, sure she offered. She knew these cliffs pretty well, at least well enough to maybe be of some help. She took a step towards the opening and sniffed the air. I haven't explored this cave, she added. There were probably more caves hidden within the mountainside than she could explore in her lifetime, which was fine with her; it just meant she would never get bored. She looked back to Aibreann to wait for her to head in. So, you're pregnant? she asked bluntly. She wondered who the dad might be. There were only a couple guys here, and she was pretty sure Matty wasn't the dad. Well, he better not be. Plus, she was pretty sure he was still too young for that. She quickly brought herself back to the present, not keen on thinking anymore about the guy she liked with someone else.
Inuttuk
Common
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She only smiles in response to Simmik's first words, nodding once before she steps in. The question makes her pause only a few paces in, though. Yes. Mal and I agreed to raise a litter together, She glances back at Simmik as she answers. But the children are more mine than his, in truth. After a moment, she presses forward again, squinting slightly in the dim light. All she sees so far is rock and moss, a bit of a blur while she waits for her eyes to adjust. The place might be brighter at another time of day, but right now it's hazy and moody. Relaxing, actually.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik stayed where she was at first, her eyes narrowing and her expression something akin to—What the fuck? Was Mal aware of this distinction she was making? He seemed fairly attached to Caerus so far, so she was assuming he wasn't. She took a few more steps forward, exploring temporarily forgotten. Maybe she meant something else by what she said? What do you mean? she asked, coming up beside Aibreann, confusion still twisting her expression.
Inuttuk
Common
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
this is the worst post im sorry
Our arrangement is a bit... unconventional, She explains, unperturbed by the girl's confusion. I offered Mal my skills and loyalty in exchange for a place to raise a litter — and a sire for that litter. He'll be involved, of course, but he's agreed to follow my lead.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Unconventional was a good word for it, she guessed, but she still didn't quite understand. How does his agreeing to follow your lead make them more yours than his? she asked, her confusion still obvious. She didn't know much about sex, but she did know it took both of them to make the kids, so if both parents are willing, shouldn't they share equal responsibility for the them? There was quite a lot more here to process too, like the fact that Mal had more children on the way. Why hadn't he said anything about it? She was just left to stumble upon this information. But she could only dissect one piece of this news at a time, and the more pressing matter was the odd things Aibreann was saying. She would talk to Mal about the rest later; surely he had a good explanation.
Inuttuk
Common