Lone Star Mountain Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
anyone from Reneian Empire? :eyes:

Top of the mountain, the guardian looked south with a raised brow, as she contemplated going beyond. Orlaith can smell that hints of wolves, a pack that had formed further down the star mountain. She contemplated scouting out, but was not sure who they were, or if they were friendly- much less with Seelie Court.

However, the fire fairy felt bothered they were so close, and it meant sharing more hunting grounds with another.  She knew the realm at least had more northern grounds for a clearer hunting area, but nonthless, felt discontent with over sharing more mountain then needed. 

A mischevious smile came to play, very much wanting to amuse herself with a greeting to them.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
Having secreted herself away after the incident in the valley, Hime wasn't feeling so great. She felt warm for a day or so after the event but chalked that up to the season. Stiffness began spreading from her rear-end up her haunch, and she explained that away as a side-effect of roaming within the vale. The feelings died down after a few days of rest and she thought less and less of them as the days wore on.

What drew her away from the vale and towards the tooth-shaped mountain was anyone's guess. Hime was not trained in medicine (despite having fed various things to her ailing sister lately), so she wasn't hunting for anything of that nature. The further she got from the Vale's limits the freer she felt, though.

When she finally paused long enough to look down in to the empire's claim she felt calmer. A sense of superiority (which come to think of it, was ever-present for Hime) grew a little stronger as she looked down in to the sunlit kingdom she hoped to one day rule. She caught the sound of some stones clattering off a ledge nearby and turned sharply to regard the sound's direction - not aware of anyone else in the immediate area, but on high alert all the same.

When nothing became obvious to her eyes, Hime's features pinched in to a frown. She called out: Is someone out there? Make yourself known - before I call the guard. But she hadn't brought any guardsmen with her today, and in knowing that, she felt exposed.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
The fire of the court looked upon the one who called out- she was as white as a spirit, and almost seemed ethereal as one, if the prominent frown didn't ruin the delicate features of the snow wolf. Orlaith descended down, prideful with her head rose as she graced herself with a sovereign persona, an overtake of bearing to dominate the situation.

"I am Orlaith, a guard of Seelie Court." She introduced herself, looking over the stranger, "and you? Someone who needs guards, perhaps should not wonder far from their claim." Arrogantly, as she does, the flaming warrior looked down on her.
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
A hideous shape took form soon after her command. The timbre of her voice carried in to the trees and up the slopes, and as it faded there came the shape: thick-set according to Hime's judgement, and layered in shades of red clay and mud. Their face was the most striking thing about them but Hime was not about to admit how striking that face was, nor how powerful the stranger's aura felt as they approached her, exuding confidence and pride in equal measure. There was something definitive about the way they moved - an arrogance that Hime easily mirrored in herself, but it was strange to see it in someone outside of her own bloodline.

They spoke with that same self-assured candor, and Hime pocketed that introduction alongside her various judgement, to mull over later. It did not bother her to hear this stranger's assessment - as it would hardly bother her on any deep or meaningful level to hear such words fall from any peasant - and yet her harsh expression remained fixed upon her own face.

I am not far, she corrects. She need only raise her voice and someone would come along promptly to assist her, if need be. This mountain looms over my empire. Hime's stance did not shift much, just the tilt of her chin a little bit higher, so they could look at one-another eye to eye. She knew how to carry herself as an Empress should (whether she was currently in power or not).

I have not heard of this court. I presume you are a scout for your betters? A small jab there, easily written off as a mistaken assumption.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Coincidence, this mountain looms over the Queen's realm, but in the north." The other carried herself with pride, an allure of an Empress, but Orlaith, did the same back. She was a sovereign, a look to loom over the other with an arrogant grin, fearing none. Even if the other was of high-esteem, she did not believe a ruler would easily cause tension, especially with someone who was in a group of others. Everyone, wants an ally after all.

"I am a warrior, and a guard." She was large, and proud, a fairy who had muscles to comply their diligant life of training in her previous court. While titles were yet to her name, she knew of skill, and how to properly protect what needed so. Prided herself, in the abilities she gained.

"I believe you have not introduced yourself, can I assume you of the scout origins, then?" She took a jab back, with a cocky smile.
57 Posts
Ooc — JB + Ghostwriters
Away
It did not bother her when the other wolf jousted back at her, rather, it was thrilling. Having spent so long in her own head in pursuit of her own plots and schemes, it was refreshing to have a similar creature with which to commune. A flicker of appreciation swam in the clear blue of her gaze, the corners of her taut lips twitched.

She opens her mouth to respond and for a beat even she isn't sure what she'll say; will she lie, and take up the mantle as Reiko again, or let herself be known, finally, as she is deserving? To continue the ruse as her sister could come back to bite her - especially with another kingdom on the horizon which could become an ally - but to give her own name was disingenuous as well, for she had called herself the Empress.

There is no visible hesitation as she introduces herself: Hime Izuka. The empire claims the vale below.

Her expression lightens only slightly, showing some interest in the other wolf. They called their home the queen's realm which was curious. The other woman carries many scents with her — the most intriguing one being a musky male scent that she's found before. She cannot place where she'd found it before, having forgotten about the altercation with Memory at the Vale's edge.

We are self-sufficient within the Vale, and our scouts do not venture far. There is no need for it, really. For all Hime knew, and with all the upheaval recently within the Empire, those with any roaming proclivities were left to roam within the vale rather than outside of it; perhaps it would be wise to push for allegiance further afield. She could pressure Reiko for such, or seek it herself and build an allegiance on her own - hmm.

Does it agree with you, your home? It was wise to be amicable for the time being. See what sort of details she could suss out for future use.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Nice to meet you, Hime Izuka of the Empire." Friendly as she was at times, the fire fairy always held an air of arrogance.

"I personally believe it's best to know your surroundings. You don't know who will claim, or cause issues around." Which happened a bit in her predicament, as Orlaith did not venture far into the mountain scope, or on the other side to see potential lands. It seemed the vale had the abundance to be claimed by the Empire, and now a neighbor to the Court. Not to mention, knowing the lands around, she felt an advantage for any potential attacks. A way, to be in control of unknown terrians. 

She shrugged, "I like it, fits the fairies of the court. The willows make a beautiful place for anybody." It truly felt like, they were enchanted by nature itself.