Whitefish River One Way or Another
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Joining 
He was furious. Awenfen had done her best to appease him but in all honesty, it was probably for the best Renian Empire hadn't accepted him. Their so-called alpha would likely have eventually gotten her throat torn out. 
Hime had the audacity to call him a servant???
It did however make some interesting news to bring back to Vanity. He in all honesty had no reason to tell the shewolf anything...but he didn't want her making that pack's situation worse by giving her the Nightwalkers at her disposal. 

His night with Awenfen at the Quarry had reinforced it however. He would do anything to be at her side. And so he stood at the border of the nearest pack who's scent overlapped the Grove. It was beautiful, or perhaps it had been, once. Land and rocks were upheaved, and there was a sense something terrible had happened here. 
He didn't know or currently, care, what it was. Tilting his head back he released a howl, allerting his presence and beckoning the wolves within.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Hiero was on high alert at the borders. Ira was close to giving birth so were others who were getting big enough to alert the nose-blind male to their impending whelps that would soon follow. Though none were his, he was growing more agitated by the day. Though none were his, it was his duty (among others) to protect their land. 

A howl rang out to summon their leaders. Quickly turning his course, a puff of dried dirt in his wake and some tiny droplets of blood from his paws being worn thin over the past few days on hot soil. He was quick to arrive, quick to recover from his run to greet the stranger with a few huffs and he found his breath again to speak properly. 

My name is Hieronymous, you are on Kaistleoki's borders. I am a knight here, what do you want with your leaders?
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
It wasn't long before a tired, Haggard looking scout arrived. The poor boy took a moment to catch his breath, looking as though he might keel over any moment. Finally, he was greeted. 
"My name is Memory." He answered with a quick dip of his head. "I'm a rogue, abandoning my pack to the south in search of a new beginning. My mate is Awenfen of Renian Empire. I originally appeared at their borders but was turned away by a White shewolf who was claiming to be the Alpha's sister. So I hoped I might have better luck here." 
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Within a few seconds Hiero found composure, the beauty of not feeling pain is that he didn't feel the fatigue either. It was dangerous, but at times like these, it was a blessing too. It came easy to mask anything that may be wrong for unlike others, he couldn't feel what would give away their placid outward appearance. 

Listening to the stranger as he spoke, Hiero was curious to his tale... a rogue. Abandon. Denied from the Empire for whatever reason. All strange words to chose if one wanted to join a pack. They really didn't sell themselves all that well, but he supposed, honesty was a good trait. Why were you denied by the Empire?

From his knowledge, the Empire was as welcoming as Kaistleoki, looking to give everyone a new beginning - so what made this guy so special as to be turned away? Not to mention this guy's face... a missing eye and exposed face. Though Hiero was not one to judge a book by its cover, he was rather... peculiar to say the least.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
It was a logical enough question. 
one that had troubled him in the days following. The pregnant shewolf said she would look into it but...
And most confusing was the shocked look of the other wolves. No...he knew a usurper when he saw one. 
"I believe that the Shewolf named Hime may be trying to usurp the throne. Or at the very least is acting without the true Alpha's knowledge. She was cold and hostile, and clearly judged me for my scars. I offered my services as a fighter and was even willing to be tested. From the reaction of the other wolves there when I was denied.... something is very wrong." It was a frustrating situation, and with no allegiance to any sort of pack he knew he really shouldn't be getting involved with politics. But if this shewolf was conniving enough to disguise herself as the alpha....
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
For a brief moment his eyes narrowed on the stranger. The story didn't seem impossible, but it still all sounded still quite unbelievable. It was in any way, his word against theirs at this point and Hiero was in no position to judge the man. Instead, he lifted his head and called out for the leaders himself to come and greet the stranger themselves, preferring Evergreen over the heavily pregnant Ira, but who was he to demand who to come? Wouldn't Ira be insulted if he brushed her off?
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Constable had been lounging when the call rang. If Hiero's howl had not followed, she wouldn't have even thought twice about not going, but he too called for both leaders. It was enough for her to wager her safety so with a sigh she'd push herself to her paws and make her way slowly to the borders. It would take a little longer due to her pregnancy, but with some time Ira would come to meet both men. Upon spotting the man with a torn face, Ira would stop a good distance back just for her own safety, but still close enough to speak. The gap was purely in case the encounter went south Hiero would have time to intercept the threat. Hello, what business brings you here? She wasn't about to question the state of this man, but it did make her wary. That's not the kind of injury you see every day, it was menacing.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
His eyes widened as yet another pregnant shewolf approached him. 
recognizing her status he dipped his head and smiled. 
"My name is Memory, Miss. I was hoping to Join your pack...it's absolutely beautiful and I find myself in need of a home. I also have some concerns about the safety of Renian Empire." 
He kept his head turned slightly, trying to hide the worst of his scars. At this point he was beginning to wonder if he would never find a home again because of them.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Securing his spot between the stranger and Ira, Hieronymous, despite now being ignored by the torn man, was not going to be a shadow in this conversation. Unfortunately Ira had answered the call and now he was on edge, duty-bound to leap into action should things get sour and thankfully she took her own precautions by staying back. He introduced himself to me as a rogue who abandoned his previous pack, apparently for a new beginning. Not knowing the history of this man, Hiero couldn't make heads or tails on what that meant.

He was turned away by the Empire, he seeks to join us instead. He says he's a fighter and believes someone is acting on the Empress' behalf and rejected his joining request. Which was the gist of how the conversation went.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Constable raised a brow at the man's words. Concerns with the Empire? Who exactly was this guy and why was that his line to join. It felt suspicious. Ira turned her attention to the painted male between them, luckily he was quick to fill in the gaps. An ex-rogue turned away from Reneian Empire's borders, Ira didn't need to hear more. For the mountain pack to find something to turn the man away by it was likely there was more than what there seemed to be on the surface. We are very close with the Empire. Golden eyes flicked back to the stranger, she wasn't sure what they deemed unsuitable but with pups on the way, there was no use taking the chance. It wasn't safe. I trust their Empress, should she have found reason, or those she puts in power, to deny your entry then I'm afraid I must do the same. We travel between packs often and it would be unbecoming of me to allow you onto their land against their wishes.
Seelie Court
Banned
272 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He stared in stunned, frustrated silence. 
"The shewolf who turned me away had absolutely no reason to do so. She openly lied about being the Empress and called me a servant..." His dreams of being with Awenfen were crumbling right before his eyes. "I've done absolutely nothing to be judged like this. The only reason she turned me away is, I assume, my scars." 
He was struggling to bite back his frustration. "The only intention I have to join is to be of service...and be with Awenfen." 
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
At least this one made no attempts to approach Ira. Hiero remained steady in his position between them and simply kept his eyes on the man who simply seemed to be complaining about his situation now. Unfortunately for the man, the ties between the two packs is deeper than a loner's words, even if he was ripped away from his lover which was a sympathetic situation.

Ira had spoken, her decision was made and he was certain there was no swaying her in this. She was right after all. What if he held ill will against that female who he claims was not the Empress but an imposter - would he lash out using their open border policy against them? It would destroy the trust between the packs. Ira had made the right choice and Hieronymous had nothing to add to even change her mind in the stranger's favour. It was terrible, but, life wasn't very fair at the best of times.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Instead of leaving the man continued, the story he told albeit unfortunate, but she would not take chances with what might be her only kids. I'm sorry, but my decision is final. I can not take the chances, but if you only seek this woman's companionship perhaps you two can find a pack that will accept you both. The name he spoke of was unfamiliar, likely one of Reiko's new followers she mentioned.

The wolves of the vale were good, to deny someone for scars seemed unlikely, especially when she knew at least two wolves amongst them with facial scars. I must ask you to leave now. I wish you luck in your quest. Ira would stand watch until the male moved. Once he was out of sight and far from the borders she would shift to head back to her den to rest. So many had come to their borders as of late and with the incoming pups so many new faces became growing stress.