Northstar Vale It's All Too Much
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Birth 
Time to get these fuckers outta here @Joheras @Isadora and @Awenfen if she wants! And please enjoy my essay :)

It was time, surely it was because the pain swelling inside her womb was reaching a magnitude that the Duchess couldn't handle. Vespera let out a cry of pain that boomed through the valley like a horrifying banshee as she collapsed to the ground unable to bring strength to her legs so that she could run for help. Her body had landed in a large patch of grass thankfully as she laid paralyzed in the open valley. The lids of her eyes flashed open with her pupils contracting as if she had just been murdered for she might as well have for all the pain that was being thrown at her.

The woman had never experienced this type of pain before, never in her life even when she attempted suicide. 

Could this be it? Could the life that she was creating in her womb finally breaking out and wanting to breathe life?

It sure was because she was feeling movement inside of her like it was trying to burst out of her, and every movement a sharp whine slipped out of her throat. Her breathing was short and sharp as if she was fighting for her life with her chest inflating more than it ever had before.

Another sharp pain, her rear legs shot out, did Valette mention that this would hurt?

Another one, just as painful or more painful than the last, but she felt something slip of of her, was that one of her pups?

She couldn't focus on that, another sharp pain, she just wanted it over, she just wished someone was there to ease her pain, someone to soothe her in this very painful situation.

Vespera was alone, like she always had been.

Another sharp pain, when will it end?

The woman wrinkled up her muzzle as her legs waved shakily in the air as she gave every ounce of strength she had left to push the damn thing out of her.

Another sharp pain.

Finally, out the other pup came as she felt the wind slap her exhausted womb with her blood trinkling down where the pups slipped out. The Duchess felt that her lungs just wanted to give up as her tongue lolled from her mouth and her legs falling to the ground as if they were lifeless. Her eyes fluttered as she breathed, her vision being blurry, boy was she exhausted, but she knew she couldn't just lay there while two new lives were just sitting there out in the open. The cloaked woman took in a deep breath and forced herself to move towards her newborns. Her motions were shaky as she crawled towards them as if she was dying and peered at them with dull and exhausted eyes.

Her ears flopped lazily to the sides of her head as she looked onto the life she had just given, what does she do? Where was Valette when she needed her most? To be honest, she had been asking herself that a lot, the Matriach wasn't there when she had left Easthollow. Vespera sucked up her bitterness as she weakly wrapped herself around her welp with her long and dark fur gently laying on their wet fur. Anxiety started to spike? What does she do? How does she keep them warm? Lick them? That's fucking disgusting.

Screw it.

She gently coaxed her tongue on their fur as she made note on their appearances, one was as white as her chest fur with dark patches while the other one was... Peach?.... Orange?....Uh Red or something? Whatever, she would question it later, right now her young needed to at least stay alive. But as she was grooming them something alarmed her to the point where she almost passed out, why the actual FUCK did the patched one almost have a non-existent tail? "Is that Normal?" She said as if someone was there with her with breathless panic as concern swelled within her. Vespera's eyes darted to the other one, and thankfully, it had a tail as a wave of relief hit her as she continued to clean them.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
11 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
The air around him was cold and bitch ass cold, he did not like it what so ever, but thankfully he wasn't going to freeze to death when he felt the gentle and warm touch of the strokes that his mother was giving him. Couldn't see shit, couldn't hear shit, but that didn't matter as his tiny little paws began scraping the Earth as he tried to move himself just enough so that he could be more warm than he was now. 

The pup found himself at his mother's warm chest after it felt like a life time of journying to get there so that he wasn't dying of hypothermia. He didn't know where the hell he was but all he wanted was to be warm right beside his mother, but as quick as he was cold, he was now hungry. The boy started to make some small wimpers for he wanted some nutrition from his mother as he was now fed up with being near her warm chest and soothing heart beat, he wanted some damn food.

So like Indiana Jones, he would have to venture across the treacherous space between his mother's chest and her tiddie.
26 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She found comfort in the warmth that surrounded her, it was soft, it was her home and she knew nothing else. Never would she had guessed she had to prepare to up and move as her whole world suddenly shifted and the chill of the air made her cry out as soon as she found air in her lungs thanks to her mother's encouraging tongue strokes. Wow she hated this. The ground was hard, the air was cold, and she was hungry too!

Who cared she was missing a little piece of her tail, she wanted back in! Wherever that was, she wanted the warmth and softness again, not whatever this was! But what was this? The sweet smell of milk tantalized her and distracted the newborn as she suckled for sustenance until sleep took her away into a new dream, filling her belly which was a whole new sensation... maybe, maybe she can get used to this one day.
New Threads: open
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

The cry was agonizing, primordial. It was the scream of ancient times: of sea creatures breathing their first lungfuls of air, of caves perfumed by the crimson scent of sweat and afterbirth. 

Rabbit pelt stuffed with herbs clenched tightly in her jaws, so anxious was she that they felt locked shut around the fuzzy bundle, the midwife bounded through the glen. Her halfling status was appreciated in this moment, for it gave the sighthound the ability to leap and sprint through the wood with great speed. 

It seemed liked years had passed before she reached Vespera but truly it could only have been minutes. Panting, she placed the fur full of medicines at her paws. 

"Mi'lady, might I app-roach?" Awenfen called out softly, not wanting to spook the mother who was in the midst of whelping. Some women turned aggressively protective of their newborns. 

"It's Awenfen, ze midvife. I can 'elp," she offered, nudging the hide of herbs proferringly. 

"Yer gonna be alrigh' mi'lady," she soothed, "yer doin' great."
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
During her birth, the Duchess was approached by a small figure, she was too busy being in pain to really tell the woman to go away, but she didn't have to, she was a Reneian member and asked lightly if she was able to approach. Vespera gave a very subtle nod since she really couldn't say anything as she continued with her painful birth. The woman addressed herself as Awenfen, a midwife, oh thank God, and she gave her herbs to help her with the process, was she supposed to eat them? Oh well, couldn't hurt, so the woman took them slowly and swallowed them even though she couldn't breathe thanks to the damn pain. The midwife was being as soothing as possible by telling her that she was going to be okay and that she was doing great, I don't feel great! She thought sarcastically to herself.

But once that whole fiasco was done and over with, her beautiful pups were born and squirming to get to the apparent milk that she was now producing for them on her body. The two pups began their suckling and Vespera just looked at them with slight horror and a bit of confusion, she had no idea what she was doing. It felt really odd and weird but she continued to lay there and let them do what they needed to do. The Duchess looked to Awenfen with an exhausted but a slightly grateful look to her, "thank you..." She breathed, "I have no idea what I am doing..." she said with all the honestly she had.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
11 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Apparently someone else arrived on the scene to help his mother, but the poor little bastard couldn't see nor hear nor smell, he was completely helpless. But this wouldn't bother him for he was too busy suckling on his mother's succulent milk to give a damn on what was happening in the world around him. The pup was accompanied by his sibling who was also suckling but as long as she didn't steal his milk, he wouldn't have a problem, but what if he stole her milk? But alas, the poor boy was just born so he really didn't have much cognitive thinking to pull a scheme like that so he just went about his business.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

The midwife aided Vespera in whatever way she could: encouraging her, helping to clean the pups and move them to their mother's belly (if allowed to do so), and comforting her. 

When at last, the Duchess's contractions seemed to have abated and she had two healthy babes nestled against her underbelly, Awenfen shot her a fatigued smile in return. "No need fer zanks, mi'lady."

"Zat's alrigh'," 
the milkmother tried to assauge Vespera's concerns. "Most of us don't," she shared another grin, this time one of understanding. She'd felt so lost with her previous pregnancy - even with the experience she had raising Li.

After she'd done her best to clean up Lady Reiko's cousin and dealt with the afterbirth, Awenfen glanced at the new mother curiously. "Do ye feel up ta moving zem just yet? Ve need ta get zem to a den but zere's nae rush if'n ye need a few more moments." 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."