Whitewater Gorge which i cannot touch because they are too near
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Did she mean that random kid or himself at the time? Probably that kid. His own childhood was a disaster, let's be real. It didn't matter. None of it did. Maybe if Okeanos had stuck around instead of going off after Ibis it would have mattered, or if he'd managed to find one of his sisters, but the way things were, he could just pretend he had any past he wanted. Nobody would call him on it. He could pretend things were perfect, he could pretend they were a greater disaster. It was only when people like her showed up that the truth mattered -- had he even remembered her name yet? No.

It felt awkward to keep talking -- there was just that nagging thought that no, she'd never make up for past failures. None of them would. But he still tried because he was better of them. But still, it felt dishonest, even if he just acted totally normal. I have a pack in Neverwinter Forest. Not too horribly far from here. What about yourself? Somewhere not here, obviously. Probably not going to cross paths again. Forgotten again. That's how it was.
Messages In This Thread
RE: which i cannot touch because they are too near - by Mal - August 01, 2020, 08:36 PM