Arrow Lake i do not know what it is about you that closes and opens;
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The mountains called to him, more so now than ever before. He dreamt of the different peaks with unusual clarity considering Revui wasn't known for his imagination; in the daylight he would forget most of the details of his dreams, but those jagged teeth would remain fixed in his mind's eye. He wanted to return to his mountain.

It was easy enough to slip away from Ursus; he had nothing to tie him down there and did not consider the family he had built to be anything more than an annoyance; those boys that Ikkalrok cared for, those were her burden. She had chosen them over him, day after day. No, he would not miss them.

Finding his way back to the range took a few hours but the path was clear, so in those hours he did not dawdle and he made good time. He came upon the foothills at the peak of the afternoon. While the heat was an added danger Revui fought through it, hiking in the shadows, lingering at whatever creek or pool he found along the way to wet his throat and keep himself hydrated.

It was a lot of work moving his hefty body up the hillside, through the winding switchback trails, and all of that. He was Sisyphys rolling a stone to the top of the world; but he would not falter, and upon reaching the top of the range he knew he would feel powerful in his accomplishment. He cared very little about the exact path he took; whether he emerged on one face of the mountain or another was inconsequential, so long as he was there upon the mountain at all.

As he finally crested a ridge that became a plateau wide enough for him to prowl, he felt vindicated. He noticed a moment or two later that he was not alone either—but the presence of the woman did not fully register. Revui moved hastily to close the distance between himself and her, and then bypassed her, seeking the lake alongside her—and plunged his face directly in to the water as he drank deeply.

I gotta be vague because IDK how Ursus reacts to him on his return.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread