Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,112 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay tried hard to talk himself down, but it was impossible when he got into this state. Every thing that popped into his mind only further fuelled his panic attack, adding to the misery he was feeling. He shouldn't be feeling this way she he certainly shouldn't be acting out like this. Maia probably felt bad enough about leaving as it was, and now he was possibly making it worse. He didn't want to do that to his friend.

He was feeling unwell and like he would burst with every passing second that his hyperventilation continued, as he was starting to notice its effects. He didn't want to -- he tried to talk himself down but it was too much to ask -- stop acting like an idiot, Eljay! -- but none of it made a difference. He felt worse as Maia offered that she would visit, further emphasising that he was making her uncomfortable.

The only wolf who might be able to get him with his paws back to earth arrived then. He only noticed by the gentle touch; he startled visibly, as he hadn't heard her approach, then looked up briefly from his hunched over position staring at his paws.

Her suggestion was so outlandish and it brought another slew of worries with it. She didn't suggest -- why don't we go with them -- she suggested -- why don't you go with her -- which Eljay had not even considered an option.

But even if he had, he wouldn't just invite himself along on another group's adventure. If they wanted him to come, then they would've extended an invitation instead of a goodbye. To be sort of invited along by his daughter was awkward and impossible. They didn't want him there, and now he was forced to give an answer in front of Maia.

It was too hard. Too hard, he just couldn't.

I-- he tried, but his breathing caught up with him. I want mommy, he childishly thought, but he knew that wasn't going to happen. So -- sorr -- hy, he wheezed out with a painful grimace on his face. As tears and sobs then started to add to his hyperventilation he realised that thinking of an answer that wouldn't seem like he was trying to wiggle himself into something he wasn't invited to, but also not seem like the idea was stupid or unexciting, was the least of his problems right now. His head was a mess as he sobbed and felt more and more like a huge idiot.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Like the records I'm playing, they might keep you waiting - by Eljay - August 30, 2020, 04:19 AM