Hideaway Strath When our fears came to life
the dragon and her fire
162 Posts
Ooc — Leigh
The Gods spoke to her?

As much as Leigh appreciated the hellhound's oddly comforting words, she wasn't entirely sure if she could bring herself to agree. The woman was a nobody. Yes, she contributed to the world here and there, but picking apart the specific language and tone Hemlocke used when speaking of religion, he would have definitely been a better wolf to receive the messages of Gods.

So why would the Gods choose her instead? It was only until her ears captured the following sentences did she begin to understand. Ah, so they didn't pick wolves to be special. They instead guided wolves through their own individual lives. If only they had spoken to the woman sooner. Maybe things would have been different.

Locke spoke of a gut feeling, a tingling, a dream or even a pull. Leigh knew exactly what the wolf was describing, for she had felt it along the way to Teekons after leaving home. It was like a tugging on her heart, and if she dared stray away from the path it lied out for her, it'd bring her great pain. Could the Gods not afford to be just a little nicer with their messages?

"No no, it's alright. I definitely believe, but, what you call the Gods is what I call the red thread."

It sounded, to put it simply, a little stupid. Comparing higher beings to string? Hoping to avoid any potential insult, Leigh decided to speak up once more and explain.

"Where I come from, some wolves at some point in their life feel as if they're being pulled towards a certain direction. So we call that feeling the red string of fate, as if it's actually connected to our hearts and something is pulling on the other side."

The she-wolf couldn't tell if her explanation helped. Maybe it just made the concept sound even dumber. But, too late now. Might as well finish her little lecture and completely destroy her dignity.

"It's often used in situations involving one wolf meeting another. But that doesn't mean it can't also pull you to something else. And if it is another wolf, it could simply be a friend. I suppose in my case it decided to kick me to the curb and give me Kynareth."

Half of her was joking, the other half, not. The moment Leigh had stepped foot in this new land, the tugging stopped. Then the first wolf she met was Donovan Azura. And for a while they were indeed friends, but in her experience, the thread's mission was to bring a wolf to something beneficial. All it had brought her to was plain. A trick. Unless it wasn't. Maybe the woman was mistaken this entire time, and she wasn't pulled to Donovan like she originally thought. Maybe, instead, she had been pulled to Donovan because of something he could give her. At least that thought made her feel a little better. Her fate using Kynareth as a puppet.

Perhaps it was helping Nyra? Well, no, she ripped a beating heart from an innocent's chest. Maybe, just maybe she was brought here to fix Kynareth? No, fuck that. Or was it someone like Locke? A friend? Someone who could help her through a tough time like this? Sure, but, why the fuck couldn't they just have met somewhere else? God, oh why god did the Saints have to be involved?
Messages In This Thread
When our fears came to life - by Hemlocke - November 17, 2020, 11:10 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Leigh - November 18, 2020, 09:14 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Hemlocke - November 23, 2020, 12:24 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Leigh - November 25, 2020, 01:49 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Hemlocke - November 28, 2020, 10:23 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Leigh - December 01, 2020, 11:31 AM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Hemlocke - December 05, 2020, 07:52 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Leigh - December 06, 2020, 08:33 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Hemlocke - December 12, 2020, 06:41 AM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Leigh - December 18, 2020, 11:06 PM
RE: When our fears came to life - by Hemlocke - January 01, 2021, 11:18 PM