Redhawk Caldera run away with me now
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
She settled in comfortably while she thought about which story she wanted to tell him.  She could do one of romance, maybe, but for some reason, a different one stuck out in Maia's mind.  Perhaps it was because it was one of her favorites, featuring a character near and dear to her heart.  She'd come up with this character out of the blue one day and developed it into a figure of legend, someone who featured in a deal of stories throughout Maia's repotoire.  Her origin, though.... that one came from the heart.

Back when we did our storytelling circle in the copse, I told a story about Amina Ice-Eyes, warrior of the north!  She put a little emphasis on it, then giggled.  But I never told you all how she came to be, or how she gained the bear's spirit in the first place.  That is a story from a long time ago.  She let her voice trail in that welcoming tone that always seemed to precede her mom's stories, back when she was small.  It drew her in and led her along until she couldn't help but become wrapped up in the tale.

Silvershard was the leader of one of the greatest packs of warriors to ever run the northern snows.  When the armies of the bear rose to push back the frozen horde of the fierce dragon Gaelspire, it was his help that won them the war.  The great bear king was so impressed that he called upon the Bear Spirit to grant any boon that Silvershard could wish for.  He was a powerful warrior with a host of noble wolves - what more could he want?  Yet when the Spirit asked, the wolf replied that he was missing one thing in his life.  He had no mate - he'd never desired one - and his only regret was without one he would never be gifted with a child.

The Bear Spirit took pity on Silvershard, as they knew the importance of cubs and loneliness without family.  The snow swirled at the warrior's paws... and from it burst a young wolf pup!  Her coat was as glittering white as the frost she'd come from and her eyes were the same bright, sparkling blue as frozen meltwater.

Maia found, as she told the story, that the poetry lessons had done something to her storytelling as well.  Even when she got into the flow, she found she wasn't really tempted to go back into her more colloquial style.  She smiled a little brighter as she continued, relishing this new flow.

He took her home and named her Amina, and as she grew, he taught her everything he knew.  From him she learned strength and wisdom, how to fight and how to lead.  But the Bear Spirit was a part of her to, and from them she learned creativity and optimism, courage and hope even in the face of defeat.  She pictured her own parents as she said this, as that was who she'd originally modeled them after.  Her dad, steadfast and sturdy, and her mom, who seemed to come from another place altogether.

Her father was still a strong leader, but he was glad to know that when he was ready, Amina would inherit and lead just as wisely as he did.  Her first test, though, came when she was barely an adult; when an evil spirit named Huris came and stole the light from the sun.

Here she paused for effect as well as to check how Eljay was enjoying her tale.  Sometimes she'd ask for an interjection, but this time, she wanted to give him a show.  Maybe next time they'd create something together.  If she remembered correctly, he was always more comfortable on the receiving end.

Besides, the first part had already been there! This next part would be pure improv.

WC: 642
Messages In This Thread
run away with me now - by Eljay - November 19, 2020, 04:05 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 19, 2020, 05:39 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 10:21 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 20, 2020, 11:02 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 11:07 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 20, 2020, 11:35 AM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 20, 2020, 12:44 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Eljay - November 20, 2020, 06:11 PM
RE: run away with me now - by Maia - November 21, 2020, 01:53 AM