Totoka River the weather ain't the way it was before
she was a forest fire by design
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
Limit Two 
@Aiolos

The season was beginning to take a turn for the cold, almost as though they had skipped over fall.  Natshana wasn't a fan of the way the seasons seemed to lack substance these days.  Even when she was a child, she remembered how her family and mentors spoke of times when their parents and their parents' parents were alive, and there were distinctly four seasons.  That was hard to fathom, given that it felt more like a constant soft and hard summer for half of the year and then a soft and hard winter for the remainder.  

But, she digressed.

Today, she was out searching for herbs that preferred to grow alongside sources of water.  Natshana had her fill with saltwater herbs; now she needed freshwater plants.  Much to her surprise, Aiolos had offered to join her.  She never expected a pack leader to take any interest in her tasks; however, she was grateful for his company.  It gave her a chance to get to know both him and the pack better.

"I do hope I am not keeping you from important duties," she spoke coolly, casting a small smile over her shoulder at the Emperor. "If at any time we need to leave, you need only say the word." The apothecary paused as she considered what said, and then decided to add: "For what it is worth, though, your companionship and protection is greatly appreciated."
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
996 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It had been two weeks since Aiolos had left his island home to cross onto the mainland. Not since his visit to the mountain chain of Moonspear, not since his talk with @Kukutux where he had decided to pledge himself a man to be betrothed to one of Moonspear's women. He wondered if by now Kukutux had spoken to @Hydra. He wondered if the Alpha had any desire to consider him worthy of such. He was a leader, this much the dark queen knew, but he was also a basterd child of no name. 

Selfishly, a part of the Greek had come inland just for the off chance he might run into someone from Moonspear. He doubted they would go that far at all. The rest of him had wanted to follow Natshana, for her, to be the guard he promised would watch over her when she went venturing for supply. After all, the island, whether on the coast on inland on their small mountain, only provided so many medicines for use. He thought, however, perhaps it should have been @Orochi, as guard, to follow her. Alas, the man Aiolos grown to not quite perfer had disappointed him again. 

He smiles to the wolf ahead at her words, shaking his skull. Before Hua chose me to lead at her side, I was Shǐzhě, leading scout and I often guarded our members and trained them in defense too. This is actually right up my alley. How many times had he walked along Hua's side, as ever faithful? He enjoyed it, really, for he could both protect his packmates and scout by learning about whatever lands or whatever wolves be met along the way. Is there anything particular you seek? Or is it really with winter coming an 'anything you can find' situation?
moonglow daddy
she was a forest fire by design
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
"A Scout," she parroted the word back to Aiolos thoughtfully, considering the job title and how she thought it might suit the Emperor. "That is surprising, if only because - where I am from - those who ascend to leadership are groomed for the role." Certain wolves, borne of specific blood, partook in a warrior ceremony known as the Conclave.  The wolf who survived to the end was the next Heda, or Commander.  Natshana never had to worry about this process.  She did not have the blood necessary to be considered, nor did she want to.  She was content to follow and skate below the radar, so to speak.  She heard more when others believed that she was ordinary.

"I should refine what meager fighting skills I have," she confessed to him with an amused smile. "If you ever hold such training sessions again, I would like to attend." Despite her occupation, she knew that she needed to be able to defend herself.  She loathed to think that she required the protection of another wolf, but she also wasn't so proud that she didn't recognize her very basic abilities.  At the end of the day, she was a wolf.  Wolves had teeth and a powerful bite.  She knew how to utilize that and to use her speed to attempt to evade enemies.  Beyond that, her technique needed to be seriously refined.

"Both," she said as her eyes wandered the riverside. "I doubt we will find any Coltsfoot as it blooms best in the spring, but if you see any flowers that resemble dandelions but smell differently, let me know." Pausing for a time, she ran over her mental notes, "We will find fennel, I hope. They appear as thin, spiky leaves that look like webs. The last of the feverfew will be growing, too. They look like daisies but smell sharper." She went on to tell him about marigold and watermint, and how there could be the final remnants of those herbs, too.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
996 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Anyone still welcome to pop in if they'd like.

His ears perked, listening in to her surprise that he would be considered leader here, granted he was not groomed for the position, in her opinion. He couldnt help but be offended, if only because it was Hua's choosing he be her Emperor and he trusted her opinion quite so. Still, he didnt think leadership was something meant for males, for he believed in woman superiority. He was leader here, sure, but Hua's word and law was final to him and he backed that. He supposed maybe he shouldnt be too offended then. 

Her words were made clear further by her explanation, mentioning that she needed to catch up on her own fighting tactics and wondered if he would be interested in training her a bit. Their leaders were advanced warriors and it made so since that it was odd a scout was Lead for her now. In Aiolos opinion, the best fighter of the pack did not always make for the best leader. It was one that was rounded in all manners but even more to the wisest, most knowledgeable and most respected and admired within the ranks. You've plenty of time to learn and grow, I'm sure. She was, after all, still quite a young woman. Barely even so at that. But I wouldn't mind at all teaching you some things. If anything, to understand and utilize what skills she already had on the subject. 

Now it was his time to learn and he listened closely with attentive expression as she explained. He tried to keep up, really, but it was obvious this was where Aiolos failed and she succeed. Coltsfoot, dandelions, fennel, feverfew, daises, marigold, watermint... Wait, he knew that one! 

And so he moved forward, putting a little more space between he and she as he paused every so often, sniffing at the grasses and along the rocks and reeds by the river bed they traveled up. Really, he was just looking for flowers of any kind and hoped that one might fit the bill. And then.. I found one! He perhaps screamed way to loudly, his excitement showing by the heavy wag of his tail behind him. He could almost pass in that moment as a yearling, overwhelmed with enthusiasm for having done a good job. A few little clusters of watermint nestled in the moist soil by the river. It was little, the blooms well gone by now, but it was something at least.
moonglow daddy