Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
How quickly had the time passed already? Weeks? A full moon passing? Samani's death slowly faded to history...

All the while the Sunman locked himself away in his quarters, life continued on without him. His sons traveled, finding restlessness in their sorrows and maybe unwilling to easily return home and resume life as it were before. 

It was only when Moonwoman returned could Aiolos find strength within himself- for her. Those first few nights, she wept deeply and Aiolos silent tears flowed so much that it had made stained paths upon his face.

Kukutux then busied herself, doing this as a way to force herself forward. It took Aiolos some coaxing and some time longer, but now he too came out into the light of day. 

Life had indeed kept moving on and the world was changing, growing cooler as autumn settled in. Aiolos walks out to the edge of the lake bed and sits, a soft sigh on his lips.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
There was much sadness in their small mountain hom. Stirred anew with Kukutux's return. But Ajei felt this was necessary to get to a place where it didn't hurt so bad. She didn't think it would be possible to ever fully be okay with death of a loved one. It just didn't seem plausible, but perhaps after all she was young yet.

Today she carried her newest offerings of fish to whomever when she caught sight of Sun man. A wuff and she ran towards him on firekissed legs and white paws. She had to skid to a stop.

Ears to her skull, she looked sheepish. The fish dropped to the ground Sorry my feet got too excited. But it is so good to see your face in the sun, sunman! and look. 

She pointed at the fish a whole paw. I can catch fish like you and my Mama taught me.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos heard the muffled woof from Ajei's mouth stuffed with fish, as well as her paws stomping the ground quick as she made a bee-line into his direction. Then, skidded to a halt and dropping the fish next to him from her burst of excitement to see him out and about again.  

Aiolos smiles, but it is weak. When he speaks, it is as calm and deep as always. It is good to see you too, Ajei. Her reds were even more vibrant then he remembered last. Her white paws, inner ears and undersides a stark contrast. Galana had been red and white too, though her legs faded into ginger hue- a mix of both he and Sakhmet. Aiolos felt his stomach tighten. 

I see that. His fiery eyes then cast down to the fish. Between you, Arrluk and @Massaraq, you can keep the pack well fed even when the herds have moved on. Moonglow was a pack known and prided on its great hunters and its skills in all types of hunting only seemed to grow.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
In his face there was still sadness. Ajei could see it there. It hurt her heart to see it, and her ears drooped a bit, but he did try and give her a smile. That was some effort, wasn't it. More than he could have done. 

Her tail wagged behind her and she couldn't quite hide the sheepish smile. Her own father, hadn't taught her as much as her mother or Sun man had. He had been present, but not wholly there. She just believed her own father a bit sad himself.

Ajei smiled. Only because we were taught well. What do you plan to do with your day, Sun Man? Can I help you in anyway?

She wasn't sure how, but she was willing to try for her dearest's father and one she held much esteem and care for herself.

She looked around. She sadly didn't know the sister of the brothers, she had been gone  long before Ajei had fully integrated herself into their life. She remembered her fleeting, quiet. But she was gone. She knew it bothered the brothers and the parents, but it was a bit like Mojag, wasn't it. She would come back maybe some day? Right?
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Ajei saw his pain, shown in the way of her body language, but she did not speak it and Aiolos was thankful for this. 

She would smile and wag her tail and spoke of how well she was taught. Taught so by his own self and her mother. Aiolos, though he did bot quite romp and play with the children or tell stories or go on adventures and play dates, had a hope that he had done well. Not just his own pups, but all within Moonglow. In many ways, Moonwoman was mother to all, as Sunman was father of all. 

Oh, I don't know... He muses with a rolling of his shoulders and deep breath. I'm sure the markers on our borders could use a freshening. A month of his scent having faded. He would need to get back to work if he were to keep intruders and/or other predators at bay. Maybe she would join him?
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei wasn't always the best at speaking or helping. And sometimes she truly felt like she hindered. But she could understand emotions and how to handle them. And some wolves like Arrluk, like Aiolos, they were not speakers of their feelings until they managed to chew on them. Whereas Kukutux, Massaraq they were quick to speak their thoughts aloud, to seek out help for chewing on such things. 

Sun Man and Moon Woman, had done well with the pack. They had managed to make a family in the deep mountain recesses. Everyone felt loved and cherished here in most cases. Ajei felt lucky to have been raised here, lucky to have been born to her mother and father with a great auntie and uncle. 

I can do that. Mama taught me. That is, if you'd like company. I don't want to intrude if you'd rather not have someone with?
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Having someone with me would be good.. Aiolos decided then and lifted himself up from the side of the lake, pausing there as though to allow her to take the lead a moment before he would join her side. 

Though Aiolos had thought it best to go alone at first, so that he need not speak about what had recently transpired, he instead decided company would be good. Especially a soft and gentle company as Ajei. She was a sensitive girl. She got nervous, shy and scared easily. Because of this, she had learned to see the uncertainty and unease in others. She new how softly to handle it, because she knew her own feelings to be the same. She would make a good counselor, he felt. 

This, and she would be there to keep Aiolos thoughts from wandering back into those dark corners of his mind.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei smiled and stepped into place. He allowed her to lead. A small bout of nervousness licked along her innards. But she knew were she to stray, she trusted sun man would correct nicely.

She knew she could ask of his hesrt and his mind. But she decided that it was distraction that he needed.

Sun man. Do you prefer fishing or hunting? I like to fish, but mama loves hunting.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
They walked at a rather steady pace and every so often he would slow to scrap at bark, run the length of his side along a large rock or bush and pee here and there and everywhere in-between. 

When Ajei asked her question, Aiolos' muzzle lifted and mouth pursed with thought. Of course, it didn't take much thought and he lowered his muzzle back down and looked to the little red woman.

Fishing, of course. Especially more so now that he was getting older. It was far less strenuous but he had always enjoyed the precision and patience that came with it. It brought him into focus. Fishing brings quiet. Hunts bring thrill. Very different. Many find fishing a bore. He said with a small smile and crinkling of his nose.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Though Ajei didn't often know how to pstrol. She did know how to mark the borders with fur, claw and urine. It actually was nice to scrap some of her pwpt against rocks and trees. Scratch the itches.

She shook hwr head. I enjoy fishing too. Sometimes I wish i hunted as Mama dies, but i just don't find it as enjoyable.

She made a soft hum. It wasctrue. There was quiet in fishing, perhaps that was why she enjoyed it. Less chatter. And she was quiet.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Remember how I told you and your brother how I was born in a bog? And that I have lived on two islands before? He questioned, testing the girl's memory from her younger moments, when she and her littermate were a pawful of months old. 

It was not until I came to live here with Kukutux that I had begun to learn how to hunt from herds. I practiced many times. He did not speak the name of the man now, who had long now left and in turn, leaving his son and wife here.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A gentle laugh.Of course I remember. I remember all conversations with those who are desrest to me.

And it was true. How she loved Moonglow and the wolves in the pack lands.

Ajei listened. Chewing on the words of the father of moonglow. So if I practice i may grow better?

That made sense, but would it help her like it?. Because she didn't like hunting animals with fur. She'd rather fish, but furred animals did offer more food. Perhaps if she looked at it that way shw couls make it bearable.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
'those who are dearest to me' Aiolos smile to this was sweet, subtle. Aiolos knew how much everyone had a love for his wife. It shown in the excitement of their face whenever they met with her. Aiolos was a far more simple and quiet fellow and while he didn't seem to be everywhere at once like Kukutux, it was always nice to hear when he meant much to others. 

You practiced fishing and became better, didn't you? The Sunman answered the question with one of his own. You will get better, but there may always be those better then you, which is quite alright. We all have our own strengths. The King counciled as they walked.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei made it a mission that anytime she spoke with someone she cared about. She made sure they knew it. No one was promised tomorrow and she would not leavecthe earthly plain anytime wothout everyone knowing she loved them.

I did. She gave a firm nod in agreement. She had gotten better.

Ajei nibbled on her tongue. The pink against white. that's true. My mama is much better than me at hubting and probably always will. Where pop, well he seems to be best at leaving. But we could say thats scouting right?

It was harder to admit that your father didn't want to be in your life. Even if he was there. She had spoken to sun man more than her own father.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
@Shikoba is a far better hunter then I as well. He said with a toothy grin. Though when she spoke of her father and his distance, Aiolos tried not to frown. He was around, just, not, though this seemed to be a very common thing. It was not often that two parents, like Aiolos and Kukutux, were there fully through their child's lives. 

You could definitely say that. He said when she spoke of him 'scouting'. It was a good way of thinking and was glad Ajei tried to think as positively as possible.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Her laughter was soft and dleicate, warm at her mothers mention.

There are none like my mother. The gods broke the mold when they made her.

She smiled pride in her face. She was proud to be Ajei, heart of her mother. Proud to carry her mother's blood. Proud to be loved by such a woman. Brought into this world by such. She was very lucky.

Ajei nodded. I like that better than the alternative.

Ajei always tried to be warm and happy. Look at the positivity of the world than the sadness.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Can fade here or continue a little longer, your choice!

Aiolos chuckles, nodding to her with an agreement. @Shikoba had been one of few which could always be relied on. She had never disapeared on them. Never wandered off. She was strong and loyal and sharp and little slipped past her watch. The daughter which walked with him now was a far more shy and soft spirit, but held that same devotion to her people. 

Maybe when we get back, you can show me some of those new fishing skills? After another scrapping around and sniffing in the bushes as they walked, Aiolos altered his trail to where they would be arcing around and heading back towards the heart of home again.
moonglow daddy
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'll be glad to fade. Thank you!

Ajei had been taught early lessons of loyalty and love. Her mother was one that loved with no conditions. And was softer inside than many gave her credit for. But her mother had wanted it that way. How she loved her.

oh! Of course!

She would be delighted to show him her fishing skills. It was nice to be able to do something well.

She followed with him. Chattering about different things. Hoping she had brightened his day at least a little.