Moonspear we just sell different parts of ourselves
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
the knowledge that she was to find a wife for aiolos and the trail off leads wintersbane to believe that things did not go as planned. he does not pry, not wishing to delve into what he presumed to be her sorrows. he makes a small, noncommittal noise in his throat, thinking of himself as not the sort of man that was good at expressing the proper condolences in such conversations without feeling that they were offered hollowly and thus left better unspoken.

for a strange moment, wintersbane strongly considers asking kukutux if she can find him a wife; if only because he alone could not produce children and what he wanted most of all was still to be a father in stead of a donor. he'd struck some luck with quellcrist but he'd missed so many milestones that even now she sort of felt more of a stranger than his daughter — not to mention the strangeness he feels every time his path crosses with miwa though he does not know with any sort of concrete certainty ( for black and silver are perfectly common colors ) if he is her father.

in the end, he pushes the thought away. perhaps it is better reserved for another time, a time when he is not burdened by the sorrow of memories of his lost loves and the loneliness that he has lived with since.

or maybe it was the perfect time.

are you a match-maker, then? he inquires lightly. think you could... maybe find me a wife? he asks her a bit hesitantly, finding the words to sound horrendously strange to his ears; especially considering he didn't necessarily want it arranged. at least, not in the way he thought of 'arranged' as in 'no choice'. er, a wife prospect at least? i mean, if not that's fine — gods, he was rambling. i'm curious and perhaps it's the season but a little more lonely than i thought i'd be. then again, he was settling into familiar routine without watching his back or leadership duties or anything else overly time consuming.

to the news of the bear, wintersbane makes a small noise of gratitude; thankful for the warning. i'll watch my back, then, he murmurs. i'd hate to have another run-in with an ursine. especially as he isn't too sure he'd survive another bear attack.
Messages In This Thread
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 16, 2021, 10:02 AM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 16, 2021, 10:58 AM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 16, 2021, 11:37 AM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 16, 2021, 12:11 PM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 16, 2021, 03:13 PM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by RIP Wintersbane - January 16, 2021, 03:29 PM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 18, 2021, 02:43 PM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 19, 2021, 09:35 PM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - January 25, 2021, 03:10 PM
RE: we just sell different parts of ourselves - by Kukutux - February 03, 2021, 01:44 AM