Redhawk Caldera If she gives you her heart don't you break it
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
He was so happy to see her, and it was like every time, she forgot that and was surprised again by the fact.  Maia turned and let her own cheek fall against him, resting there while he greeted her like that for a moment.

She could just kinda forget about it and lie and say she was just here to visit.  She felt nerves in a tight little bundle in her stomach and swallowed.  I'm really glad to see you too, she said, her voice a little thicker than she meant it to be.  

Just be honest.  She could do this, it was fine.  She just savored his closeness for a second first, then took a breath.  I actually wanted to ask you something.  Maia began, mostly so she couldn't chicken out.  She wasn't sure exactly how she wanted to word it, so what came next was definitely going to be trademark word salad.

I know you love it here, but I can't do this really anymore.  I mean, I can, if we have to! But I feel like... I really don't want to do this anymore.  I want you around all the time, not just when we can visit.  And I'm not asking in, like, an 'agree or we're over' way!  Just in a 'I miss you and I really want to live together' way.  The last thing she wanted to do was make him feel bad or feel like he had to say yes.  She was essentially asking him to leave his favorite thing in the world behind for her and nothing about that felt good.  But she loved her packmates, and her sister, and they had trusted her enough to make her a leader.  She couldn't leave them behind without asking first

I need you,  she added, a little quieter.  She fell quiet after that, watching for his reaction to the news and ready to try and de-escalate if it set off any panic bells.
Messages In This Thread
If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 27, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 04:41 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 28, 2021, 11:52 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 06:03 PM