Redhawk Caldera If she gives you her heart don't you break it
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
He kept impressing in her how big the decision was, and she felt herself start to burn with embarrassment and withheld tears.  She did get it.  She understood how hard this was, how awful it was she'd just dropped it like a rock on his head, and how badly she wanted to sink into the ground and just.. disappear.  She didn't trust herself to respond.

She wasn't angry with him, she was angry at herself, and she didn't want to take that out on him right now.

But then he flipped it completely.  He agreed, without any warning and without any enthusiasm.  Maia was shocked into looking up at him, silent for a beat.  This wasn't what she wanted... in fact, this had been the absolute worst possible outcome.  Her biggest fear was that he'd say yes despite not wanting to live with her, but she hadn't considered that her request would be seen as anything but an invitation to a conversation she wanted to have with him.  She wanted him to come with her simply because he hadn't asked her to come with him... and because she wanted him to know how important he was to her.

And because a small, selfish part of her loved where she was.

But now he was saying yes without meaning it, and she felt her stomach clench as tears welled up.  She tried to fight them down, but she was only partly successful.  No.  If you don't want to, then just... I'm sorry!  I don't know what I'm doing, but if you move there and hate me for it, I can't do that.  Just.... forget it.  She was crying more.  It doesn't matter.  I ruined it by asking.  Why am I such an idiot!?

Full on panic.  She needed to get out of there, because she didn't know how to put the brakes on this now. Trying kept making it worse.  I'll just... come back.  She took a step back, avoiding if he made any move to comfort her.  That'd just make it harder, and this wasn't how she'd wanted any of this to go.  If he didn't stop her quick, she was in full flight mode, and a moment would see her whirling and taking off back towards the fen.
Messages In This Thread
If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 27, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 04:41 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 28, 2021, 11:52 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - March 02, 2021, 01:42 PM