Redhawk Caldera If she gives you her heart don't you break it
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
The desperation in his voice cut through her like a knife.  There was no reality in which Maia could ever keep walking away when someone called out to her like that. She didn't have the strength to pretend to be that cold.

But at this point she was emotionally exhausted and bordering on frustration.  She couldn't leave without hurting him, couldn't stay without hurting him, couldn't ask for an answer but couldn't leave unhappy.  She couldn't be what he needed her to be, and when she stopped rigid, some of that frustration leaked into her voice.  Maia couldn't help it.

Eljay, I can't.  I'll come back.  I wish I could just go back and not ask, but I can't, so this is the best I can do.  I'm sorry, I just keep making this worse.  I need to go.  They couldn't resolve this if they couldn't talk about it and he had already asked not to.

Just let me go, please.. She was close to begging him, and distress and desperation were both clear in her expression as she turned her head to look at him, still angled to escape back to Brecheliant.  

In Maia's mind, the moment she was gone, things would get better for him.  She was the source of his current distress, so if she left, he could handle what he needed to and she could choke down her own feelings in the meantime.
Messages In This Thread
If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 27, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 04:41 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - February 28, 2021, 11:52 AM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Eljay - February 28, 2021, 06:03 PM
RE: If she gives you her heart don't you break it - by Maia - March 03, 2021, 10:34 AM