Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
;____; evil dice gods

Knowing there was no way that he could choose, and not wanting to put the burden on Niamh or Towhee, Phox reached for a piece of loose bark on a nearby tree.

Bark up, we attempt to pull rank on Towhee. Bark down, I make another choice: stay or leave. Maybe he could do another toss of the bark if that happened. He didn't like the sound of any of these outcomes. It seemed that, no matter what, he was going to be separated from one of his best friends. At least this way, he didn't have to choose. This way, he could leave it up to stupid fate.

Not that it was going to make things any less difficult. Phox picked the bark back up, took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and tossed it into the air. It landed bark down, the smooth surface of the slab of wood staring him in the face.

I won't oust her with you, but I won't stop you if you want to go to her and try, Phox decided.

Again, he lifted the piece of bark, closed his eyes, and tossed it into the air. It landed bark up, meaning that he would stay.

The kids, I—he faltered. But he had two litters to watch out for this year. Not just those of his own blood, but those of Towhee's, too. He'd promised to raise them, just as he'd promised to raise Niamh's. He felt another pulse in his head, this one worse than the last.

I will make it work. I'll live in two places at once if I have to. He was downright determined to make it work.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Messages In This Thread