Duskfire Glacier May you be in heaven a full half hour
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The patrol brought the pair to the shores of a shallow creek, carrying meltwater away from their namesake glacier. Lane swept her gaze southward, watching as the glistening waters twisted southward through the moraine.  

"I am with child," she confirmed. It was not the answer to the question he had asked, but rather a statement fulfilling her earlier promise to come to him when she knew for sure. It was likely he had already heard whispers from their other packmates-- those who had witnessed her symptoms, or had comforted her when she shared her worries. 

Lane's eyes returned forward, searching for the best way across the creek. No doubt Wintersbane already had a path mapped out; this was his patrol line, after all. She would cross after he, assuming he already knew the best way of passage. 

"Both played a part in the decision, I guess. I normally wouldn't have considered staying beyond our last.. ah, encounter." Lane was silent for a minute, picking her way delicately across the rocks peeking above the waters. The creek was frigid and refreshing, lapping over her paws and occasionally splashing up the back of her ankles. 

"Even though my circumstances tied me here, they also showed me sides of your--of our-- packmates that I hadn't known. Everyone has been so accepting, and understanding. Kind, even.. much moreso than they need have been." This had been very unexpected; Lane had been coached to believe that pack wolves would find any opportunity to eschew an outsider. "I think I could have a life here, and a family here, with all of you." 

Lane's back foot missed its mark, and her rear leg splashed down into the creek. "Shit--!" She teetered, her footing thrown off balance by the slip.
Messages In This Thread
May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 11, 2021, 12:57 PM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 12, 2021, 05:02 PM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 16, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 22, 2021, 09:48 AM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 28, 2021, 12:42 PM