Duskfire Glacier May you be in heaven a full half hour
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Wintersbane's acceptance was swift, as Lane expected, but the weight of her new status hardly had the chance to sink in before Lane's back leg was plunging into the icy creek. 

The alpha moved swiftly to her side to steady her, offering the first contact they'd had since it happened. Lane reached out without hesitation, latching onto his ruff in reflex. Even as her footing steadied, it took another moment for the world to right itself. These past few days, it seemed her balance was consistently lagging a frame or two behind. 

Lane clung to Wintersbane, eyes squeezed shut, breathing in the scents of the Duskfire lands that lingered upon his pelt. The crisp pine needles of the conifer forest entwined with the softer, earthier scent of the deciduous. Also layered in was the freshness of their glacial lake, as well as a sprinkle of the gritty saltiness of the moraine into which it melted. After letting out a long breath, Lane released his pelt and opened her eyes.

They reached the other side of the creek without further incident, winding their path through the oak and maple forest that butted up to the opposite shore. Lane would mindlessly collect a few oak leaves as they traveled, completely unaware of how necessary they would be in the coming week. 

"I'd still like to make a trip to Moonglow, to let Kukutux know my decision. I'd like to go immediately, before I get too.." she cleared her throat. "Too weighed down." Unknown to Lane in that moment, her trip would be delayed two weeks, as Rye was fated to injure himself seriously in a hunting accident the morning following this conversation. 

"Is there anything else you want me to tell her?" Lane's pregnancy would be obvious to anyone with eyes at that point, but if there was any other news that needed passing on, Lane would do so.
Messages In This Thread
May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 11, 2021, 12:57 PM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 12, 2021, 05:02 PM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 16, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 22, 2021, 09:48 AM
RE: May you be in heaven a full half hour - by Lane - May 28, 2021, 12:42 PM