Ouroboros Spine am I settling up or settling down
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Oh, right. Lane had been submerged in pack life in Duskfire Glacier for so long that she'd almost forgotten how things worked here. Married women were held in higher esteem in Moonglow, so it made sense that a pregnant woman (an anna?) would be worthy of the highest admiration. 

Kukutux must have detected an edge in her voice, or a tightness in her expression-- Lane was terrible at masking her inner feelings-- because she proceeded to ask her what was wrong. Just the question by itself softened her mental defenses, like a wall of ice melting under the sun's warm glow. Lane's lower jaw trembled a bit, revealing emotion that she herself hadn't even quite realized was there. 

"I wasn't chosen--" perhaps Kukutux had meant "chosen" in the more spiritual sense, but Lane was a literal creature. "Wintersbane chose whoever happened to be around, and receptive. I'm not the only anaa expecting his pups." For the purpose of Kukutux's matchmaking records, she added a little caustically, "He's not interested in marriage anymore."

The feeling poured out, laid bare at Kukutux's feet upon the fresh spring grass. But the words themselves, they weren't quite right. Lane was certainly upset with one of the lustful males of the Glacier, but it wasn't Wintersbane. Not truly. Her jealous feelings over Rye and Imaq's coupling churned in the pit of her stomach, but Lane was far too embarrassed over her crush to let those feelings escape. So instead, the blame displaced itself onto Wintersbane.
Messages In This Thread
am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - May 30, 2021, 06:33 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - May 30, 2021, 09:50 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Zane - May 30, 2021, 01:34 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 02, 2021, 11:35 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 03, 2021, 06:47 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 04, 2021, 08:13 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 04, 2021, 01:13 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 07, 2021, 11:46 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 07, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 07, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 07, 2021, 01:26 PM