Ouroboros Spine am I settling up or settling down
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane accepted Kukutux's nudge of comfort with a deep sigh of gratitude. She  nodded along with Kukutux's words of reassurance. Yes, Wintersbane would care for her and the children, and he had already spoken of his desire that they carry his new surname, Duskfire. Thus, the children would belong to him and to the land of their birth. 

Lane's eyebrows lifted when Kukutux explained that the only path forward was for Wintersbane to marry both her AND Tzila, and whoever else he'd covered. Lane hadn't been part of Duskfire Glacier long, but she was pretty sure that wasn't the way of that land, either. Lane opened her mouth, but no words came out immediately. Instead, Kukutux spoke once more, insisting that she would go to Wintersbane and correct all of this for Lane, in the way that a parent might step in to put things right for their child who had been wronged. 

"No, Kukutux. Thank you, that's.. that means a lot to me..." Lane's eyes shimmered with emotion, but a different one this time. She was overcome with gratitude for what Kukutux offered: the Moonwoman meant to put her pack's alliance on the line, just to make sure Wintersbane did right by Lane. 

"..But I'm not going to drive a wedge between the packs, and I'm not going to have Wintersbane's tail twisted into a marriage he doesn't want." God, that sounded like a recipe for a disastrous marriage, if she ever heard one. "It's not even a marriage I want," Lane admitted, looking down at her paws. She was well aware that her words would contradict what she previously implied, which was a bit embarrassing. "I'd prefer it if he married one of the others," she continued quietly, "For me, there might be someone else..." 

It was the first time she had admitted her crush aloud. She trailed off, affected.
Messages In This Thread
am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - May 30, 2021, 06:33 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - May 30, 2021, 09:50 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Zane - May 30, 2021, 01:34 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 02, 2021, 11:35 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 03, 2021, 06:47 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 04, 2021, 08:13 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 04, 2021, 01:13 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 07, 2021, 11:46 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 07, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 07, 2021, 01:04 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 07, 2021, 01:26 PM