Noctisardor Bypass i will hold this house up with my own two hands
ᴀ ᴠᴀʟʟᴜᴍ ᴏғ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇs
sᴍᴀsʜᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ
248 Posts
Ooc — daphne
Away
omg it got long. no need to match! oof

maybe she had foisted too many difficult questions upon the child — phaedra did not know. her extent of experience when it came to children started and ended with this encounter, and the gist of what she did know was that they, more specifically toddlers, were nomadic molotovs made from urine, shrill noises, and some eye-watering, viscid substance from a distant planet. 

she hadn't yet formed an opinion on this little hare, who seemed eager to participate in the colloquy despite her incomplete understanding of what was being asked of her, and the charming embargo on it from her tongue.  

the vierte was presently reminded of her early girlhood, and of the time-hallowed manner in which she struggled with the correct formation of words. that she had reconciled with her speech in the fullness of time was a boon; but if she had been pressured into eloquence, she would have resented it.

and though it was not quite the same, the girl was not sure, then, if guiding some strangeling child to more complicated concepts with which she was unfamiliar — such as her reflection — would enrich her mind with confidence, or shade it in frustration for phaedra's inevitably gauche explanation. 

nonetheless, as expected, the häschen was successfully baited into phaedra's springe! gathered now into a conclave, a furtive gesture given to come-hither, the girl mulled over what her secret for skaigona might be. 

with a casual ply across the water, the feathery touch of her paw rippled the clear surface, attracting wavelets to the child's guileless face. the girl quenched a smile, mildly amused by skaigona’s little pinwheel tail. "hmm..." the skeptic's hymn. "on second thought. i just don't know..." she considered her charge; rhythmic tap-tap-tapping of nails against wood-brim. 

"you'll run and tell everyone! and they'll all want it for themselves," said phaedra, a look askance as she adopted an air of sudden guardedness as regards her mystical well. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: i will hold this house up with my own two hands - by Phaedra - June 22, 2021, 02:37 PM
RE: i will hold this house up with my own two hands - by Heda - September 27, 2021, 04:20 PM