Broken Antler Fen I could fight forever, but life's too short
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
He was right but she still felt awful. He was so adamant about it but she still felt like all of this was somehow her fault. Not the deaths, but after; she hadn't been any help to anyone lately, least of all him.

They don't deserve this. Her eyes threatened to well up again when she thought about Ibis. She'd been so young and so so good. She was the last piece of Maia's old family she'd had here and now all of that was gone. She was the last one left here. I love them so much already, but they're so angry. I don't know what to do to help.

She barely knew how to be a mom anyway, yet. But Eljay had been through this. He'd raised pups without a mom before, and had to give this news to his own children even while grieving her himself. That must have been awful. She couldn't imagine making it through all of this without him, and she felt a newfound appreciation for just how amazing he was. You're right, though. She sniffed, then tried to straighten a bit, taking a breath. I...I can do it, I think. she didn't know how, but she'd figure it out.
Messages In This Thread
I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - June 25, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - July 01, 2021, 09:31 AM