Broken Antler Fen I could fight forever, but life's too short
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
He said he was doing alright and he seemed to mean it. She didn't believe, though, what he said about her being a help. She hadn't done much in the past few weeks for him at all, she felt, and it had her look down. She leaned into him. It would get easier, like he said, but it was going to take a lot of time.

It still happened so often that something would happen and her initial reaction was to want to go tell Wraen... only to remember and feel that crushing grief all over again. Maia wondered if that would ever stop, and if she'd ever get used to her closest confidant not being here anymore.

I'm sorry, that I've been... a downer, a let down, completely out of it? Just.... everything. She couldn't say it, even. There weren't words for how she'd been feeling. This all just doesn't feel real. Her breath hitched again and she willed the tears back, then stood. She didn't need to go there. We should get some sleep.
Messages In This Thread
I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - June 25, 2021, 08:20 AM
RE: I could fight forever, but life's too short - by Maia - July 06, 2021, 09:06 AM