Redhawk Caldera we all sell our souls (sooner than later).
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Reyes wanted to ream out Meerkat for the way she tried to block the way between father and daughter, but with Tierra there he had to rethink that notion. The girl was oblivious to the tension among the adults and Reyes preferred to keep her out of it as much as possible. 

She pulled his attention across the border with a cheerful demand for playtime. Reyes wanted to go to her, and wished he could. He looked to the guard after being asked for his name but before he could say anything, Meerkat opened her big mouth and introduced the both of them — before taking it upon herself to find Towhee and striding across the border as if she belonged more rightly than he did.

Choosing to focus on his daughter rather than the drama unfolding before him, Reyes ducked his head so he could look at Tierra on her own level, and then took up the pose of a wolf trying to play: forelegs wide, torso down, except, he didn't cross that line. I would love to play! But I have to ask mom first. He explained, and sank his haunches against the mossy floor. 

Can you wait with me until mom gets here? Reyes went on to ask, but gave a glance up to the guard while Meerkat roamed freely behind him, feeling all the more out of place after that exchange.
Messages In This Thread
RE: we all sell our souls (sooner than later). - by Reyes (Ghost) - July 02, 2021, 01:28 PM