Redsand Canyon Breathe into me
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Limit Two 
@Simran <3 forward-dated to the same day Alduin goes missing but before Nyra notices! Short post on my end, hope it's not too bland ;w;

The Overseer was doing her usual - patrolling, scent-marking, sometimes solo-training. 
Catching a new scent, however, Nyra paused and re-routed to find this greenie individual. Perhaps she'd introduce herself.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Mountains weren’t exactly “easy”, but six toes made climbing a hell of a lot better. Their ancestors may have used their toes to hunt cliff birds, but Simran used them to climb onto rocks and just kinda. Sit there.

Observing, looking over and around at the territory their acceptance had allowed entry to. Something in them had settled, a constant low level throb in their heart and head gone away as their life settled back into routine. War didn’t leave much for bounty hunting, but that could wait. They had things to do here, such as fight. Yeah..fight.

And birdwatch.

Burc’ya liked the mountains, they thought, watching the shape of the kestrel high above their head, occasionally sending updates down in the form of diving down to clack his beak and take back off. Simran would nod, and away he’d go, back to whatever it was he was doing up there.

Simran quirked a little smile. Yeah, they could definitely get used to this again.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The climb was somehow easy, Nyra considered. But, she wasn't entirely surprised with being able to make it, given the Saints had called the canyon home before.

"You must be the new recruit." Nyra spoke up, hellfire golden eyes resting upon Simran as she stood a respectable distance away. 
"I am Nyra. Co-leader and Overseer to Kynareth." She stated. Introductions came with some sense of ease, now. Not that the Hinterlands and isolation had helped with it very much. 

You are?
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Their eyes slid from the bird wheeling above their head to the wolf standing paces away from them. They dipped their head to her introduction, sliding down from their perch to stand in the shadow of the rock.

Beroya, recruited by Kynareth. They jerked their head up to indicate Burc’ya.

My scout and friend, Burc’ya. I extend my greetings to you, alor.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra nods once to the Mando's introduction, glancing briefly to the kestrel in the sky. 

"I've never met wolves with birds before. Not that I can recall. May I ask how you acquired such a creature?" The Empress tilted her head slightly.
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
They gave a dip of their head, eyes trailing up to the shape of their bird circling the pair of wolves.

Both accident and blessing. I found Burc’ya at the bottom of a tree as a down covered hatchling. It appeared his parents’ nest had been knocked from the tree by great winds, and he was the only hatchling still clinging to life. I brought him with me.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The tale is told, and Nyra is left with some sense of growing respect for Beroya. 
"That is a noble thing, saving your bird. I don't think I myself have noble things to note." She muses with a blink's speed of sadness, which gets quickly swallowed by her usual hellfire.
Sure, she might've done good things, but not all of them were completely selfless, and she pushed this acknowledgement away in her mind.
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Simran shrugged their shoulders at the statement, looking up at Burc’ya again.

Nobility, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. They said softly.

Some of the things I have done could be called ignoble, dishonorable. But to me, to my people, they are the highest of tenants. It all depends on perspective.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Listening to Beroya speak, Nyra felt some sense of relief. 
The experience of others was something she was still relying on in a handful of ways, especially with becoming a master in combat. She had climbed the ranks of the Saints in a matter of months, all the while training her ass off to reach her goals. 

Perhaps Beroya was more than correct on this matter...
"Wisdom is something I have yet to fully come into, you seem to have plenty of it though. " Nyra sighed with a soft smile, humble at least for the moment.
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Simran flashed a smile, tipping their head to the side and giving a cursory wave of their tail.

Less wisdom, more experience. They said after a moment, eyes finding Nyra again.

The name Beroya...it means bounty hunter. That was my duty before I joined your Saints.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Bounty hunter, they say their name means. 
Nyra hmmed softly in thought, easing herself to sit with Beroya as she told her own tale. 

"I'm not sure what my name means, but...I was born into a cult before the Teekons, with a sister. Her name was Eldritch, which is honestly a far more unique name than mine. Our father was a sick man, he did horrible things to me, and she gathered a rival clan to slaughter everyone, as an avenging action for me. In the chaos, I ran away, and haven't seen her since." 

Nyra sighed softly, looking up to Burcya in the sky.
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Simran hummed.

You can choose your own meaning, if you like. That’s what names are for. They said after a moment’s thought, lowering their own haunches to the ground in a mirror of the other Saint.

My tribe...was murdered wholly and completely by a treacherous client who wanted the land we lived on. He hired all of the young warriors for various jobs, and had his men slaughter them when they were alone, then he came for our elders and children. They closed their eyes.

When I got home, it was to nothing but ruin.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Overseer smiled softly at Beroya's assurance. 
She can choose her own meaning. 

In response to her tale, they tell their own, and as she listens, Nyra's eyes soften with empathy.
She sighed, looking up to Burcya in the sky, "I'm sorry for your loss." 

Golden gaze returns to the bounty hunter. 
"Losses like that are hard to push through, I imagine. I cannot say I miss my place of birth..." 
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Simran gave a gentle hum.

I miss my clan, I truly do. The tribe was my home, but I miss my buir most of all. They gave a gentle puff.

But they are marching on now, and I am here to continue what they would have done. The ka’ra led me here, so I will do my duty as every good beroya should. It is nice to have purpose again.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The Empress gave a refreshed, approving smile to Beroya's words. 

"Your purpose as a Saint, a warrior...I have no doubt it will be remembered after you go to to your afterlife." Nyra commented with genuine respect. 

Feeling the old itch to move, the Overseer rose once again and swayed her tail "Would you join me for a stroll, perhaps? Or a hunt, if you like?" 

The invitation lay open for grabs, if Beroya so desired. His bird, too, would be of great help.
Health (100/100)
31 Posts
Ooc — Box
Simran turned their gaze to the other saint, a little smile ticking up their lips as they dipped their head.

I wouldn’t mind a walk. The beroya spoke, lifting themself from the ground and shaking out their coat.

Ive still not seen all of your canyon. I am eager to know it better.
english|mando’a|dutch

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
fade and we can start another thread? <3

The Overseer smiled as Beroya followed at her flank, coming to her side. 
"The canyon is a wonderful and massive place. There is much to see if you look." Nyra mused, picking up to a light trot.

And off they go.
Health (100/100)