Firestone Hot Springs I think I could, if only I knew how to begin
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Irritation swelled in her chest at his warning to stay vigilant. Why was he treating her like a child? She was always vigilant, and she wondered why he assumed that she hadn't been. He didn't know her or what she did for Ursus and the bear spirit. Was it because she was a woman all alone? Did something about her scream weak woman who needed the help of men to know the ways of the world? She knew how cruel nature could be. She might have told him all of this, but then he went off on a tangent about how she should be looking others in the eyes to know their true intentions. Arielle was already fairly perceptive, and she had rarely needed to stare into the eyes of others to know their moods. She remained quiet as he continued to offer advice she had not asked for, all the while thinking how arrogant he seemed. 

When he was done, she lifted her eyes to him but still kept herself from fully meeting his gaze—partially because it was habit, but also out of spite. You seem to think I know nothing of the world, she said, raising a challenging eyebrow. I am vigilant, the healer continued. I am always vigilant, even if I don't appear to be from the outside. Just because I am currently taking some down time, doesn't mean I'm some damsel in distress who needs to be rescued. This is but one sliver of my time today, and you know nothing about me. Okay, she was fuming now. It wasn't often she got so angry, but she had invited him here in the hopes of a conversation, not a lesson from someone who assumed they knew more than she did based off of one interaction. Your way is not the only right way.
Messages In This Thread
I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Arielle - November 10, 2021, 08:47 PM
RE: I think I could, if only I knew how to begin - by Arielle - November 20, 2021, 02:30 PM