Lion Head Mesa (ap) serpent
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Ruenna's soft gaze found the first speaker, Queen Satsu. Her beauty was deeply haunting, augmented by the musicality of her murmur and the flush in her cheeks. Ruenna smiled. She meant to deliver a compliment to Satsu, but then Ramesses spoke up, commanding attention with every measured word he uttered. 

The roman? ..Who? Ah. Ramesses spoke of Germanicus. "He has a friend in me." Ruenna tilted her head as she spoke, her expression polite but quizzical. Why would Ramesses purport Germanicus to be friendless? What else would the Pharaoh consider Crowfeather, if not a friend to Germanicus? 

Was the deeper connection between the pair more commonly known here than Germanicus had indicated? If Crowfeather was not thought of by the Akashingoans as a friend to Germanicus, was he thought of as more than a friend? Ruenna felt embarrassment rising in her cheeks, thinking of how boldly she had spoken of her desires to the aspiring outpost commander. Had anyone overheard? ..Did they laugh at her behind her back? If the intention behind Ramesses's comment was to disquiet her, it had worked. 

Ruenna sensed the deliberate undertones Ramesses's words as he spoke of the missing Sovereign. "Towhee sends her deepest regrets," Ruenna assured him. She offered neither excuses nor apologies for her missing co-Sovereign, knowing either would only invite more commentary. Ramesses may rule as a god within the border of the mesa, but with one step outside his claim, his standing as a leader of his people was equal to Towhee's. It was equal to Ruenna's too, for that matter. 

"I would be delighted to stay the night, if it pleases you and your lovely bride. And yes, the fellahin have been quite attentive. What you have established here..." Ruenna shook her head in disbelief, words failing her momentarily. "Forgive me, I'm much affected by the grandeur. I'm truly in awe." Akashingo was not remotely like anything Ruenna had ever seen in the Teekons Wilds.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Messages In This Thread
(ap) serpent - by Ramesses - November 14, 2021, 01:43 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Satsu (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 06:06 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Ramesses - November 16, 2021, 07:41 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Ruenna - November 16, 2021, 09:11 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Satsu (Ghost) - November 16, 2021, 09:52 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Ramesses - November 17, 2021, 10:00 AM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Ruenna - November 19, 2021, 01:31 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Satsu (Ghost) - November 23, 2021, 06:40 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Ramesses - November 23, 2021, 07:43 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Ruenna - December 05, 2021, 01:41 PM
RE: (ap) serpent - by Satsu (Ghost) - December 07, 2021, 09:10 PM