Duskfire Glacier Like you imagined
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
"I'm sure the children are devastated." 

"I'm so worried about them," Lane imparted. "Arius has made it pretty clear that the only way I can ease his pain is to hand the pack over to him on a silver platter. I assume he speaks for himself and his brother." The pair were nearly inseparable, after all. "They're not ready. I don't know if they ever will be. Neither seemed to show much interest in leadership, until their parents died. Now I worry that the desire consumes them."

Lane checked the poultice, which was drying nicely. There was still some time, so she continued her impromptu therapy session with her captive audience. 

"Truth be told, I don't want another Wintersbane leading this pack. He was a good man with a strong character, but as a leader he was... aloof. Unreachable. It was like he was a force, not a person. That's not the future I want for those boys, or this pack." 

Lane had more or less told Arius that her designs on leadership were simply to "keep the pack warm" for the Duskfire children until they came of age, but lately Lane had been rethinking that position. What if Lane still had doubts when the Duskfire children came of age? Would it be terribly hypocritical of her, to go back on the unspoken promise she made to a hurting child? ..Probably. Should she go back on that promise, if it was in the best interest of Duskfire Glacier? ...Probably. 

How could Tuuluuwaq help? 

"If you end up staying with us, it would ease my mind to know that you were guiding one of the boys, as a mentor. My boy, Veteran, has been chosen by Issorartuyok to mentor, and Arius has chosen me. I'd like it if you could make a connection with Ensio." Right now, Lane worried that with the amount of time Arius and Ensio spent together, their pain was creating an echo chamber as they went back and forth, round and round. Eventually they would emerge more aligned, more angry, and more radical. They could use some healthy time away from each other, to grow under the influence of well-balanced adults.
Messages In This Thread
Like you imagined - by Tuuluuwaq - November 30, 2021, 07:15 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Lane - December 01, 2021, 06:29 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Tuuluuwaq - December 02, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Lane - December 02, 2021, 06:30 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Tuuluuwaq - December 02, 2021, 06:49 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Lane - December 02, 2021, 07:28 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Tuuluuwaq - December 02, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Lane - December 03, 2021, 07:51 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Tuuluuwaq - December 04, 2021, 09:41 PM
RE: Like you imagined - by Lane - December 05, 2021, 09:38 AM
RE: Like you imagined - by Tuuluuwaq - December 06, 2021, 09:03 PM