Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
All Welcome 
for @Inutsuk maybe if you get a chance?

moonglow has made homes in the taiga for now, in search of flesh and blood and camaraderie with the wolves of the glacier. nestled near, shikoba finds herself on the land that separates the cold glacier and the volcano that had once erupted in the past.

for now, the woman rests upon the edge as a light coating of snow blankets her shoulder. a light pillow beneath her as she lays, overlooking what breathtaking sight is before her. it felt as if this is what birds saw, all the time while they flew against the surface of the sky. she always wondered what it would feel like to be free like those birds that flew above her.

but for now, she remains quiet, peaceful, attentive to the sight before her. hopefully, this time spent with the glacier wolves will prove to be worth the time of moonglow. so long as kukutux sees purpose, shikoba will not speak against her moonwoman. the snow feels cold as it drifts from the light clouds above. twirling in the slight breeze, landing on her brow and nose as she looked up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
These lands were strange to his eye. Naturally, he had a longing to know of its length and terrain. Hunting would begin soon and if he were to participate, some sense of knowledge would be needed. Most unfortunately for him, little could be seen other than the thick snow that lined the grounds.

Along his search, the man noticed the familiar silhouette of Shikoba — sivullik as Moonglow knew her.

It would come as a distraction to approach, but it was too good of an opportunity to pass. The conclusion of his solo patrol would have to wait.

Inutsuk tread close from behind. Near enough to be heard, he gave a faint chuff to alert her of his presence as to not startle her. Reaching outward with his snout, the man gave the hunter's shoulder a light nudge with his nose before settling down beside her.

It really is far different here than back in the spine. When it comes time to hunt, it will be interesting to see how well the terrain is managed. Speaking of, has Kukutux spoken to you at all about when? You are Sivullik now, after all. Aside from Sun Man, you would be one of the first she would address.

While this was meant more as an excuse for him to spend time with Shikoba, he truly was genuine with his query. This would be the first time he would hunt with Moonglow as a pack. He was curious of the details, if she even knew anything yet.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
a red ear swivels back as she hears someone approach. though the scent is of Moonglow, and the voice is of a man whom shikoba secretly grows fond for. the brush against her shoulder is welcomed, and even brings a little shiver over her body. as he settles next to her, sulfuric eyes settle on his larger figure beside her smaller one.

upon his question, the native shakes her head. "not yet, but shikoba will see kukutux about hunts. caribou fast and may need glacier wolves help." while shikoba has full trust within her tribe to be able to take down prey, it may tighten the bonds with duskfire glacier to bring down blood together. a bonding experience, something to tighten the allyship with. "inutsuk know of hunting large animals?" she is curious of this man's talent, hopeful that he will be an asset in bringing down the game. sivullik is swift, but strength can lack in such a small frame.

a small exhale, smoke exudes from her mouth as if she were a dragon. winter is a a harsh element for a wolf born to only know eternal summer. yet, she will survive as she always has. so long as Moonglow stands behind her, shikoba will remain strong.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
I am not as quick, but strength and knowledge comes to my advantage. To hunt in a large group, my specialty would lie with subduing and executing the kill. Though, I have always been a lone hunter, aiming for the smaller prey. This will be something new for me. It was hard to admit what he lacked to the sivullik, but, sooner or later she would learn by her own means.

A heavy whisp blew from her lips, drawing his attention downward. The air was chilly; far more so now that winter had finally come.

Cold? He questioned gently before leaning a bit closer, pressing his flank against her own. Perhaps it would have been wiser to request permission to do so first, but the thought hadn't crossed his mind beforehand. Concern took the better of his judgement. Inutsuk hoped he wouldn't be scorned for this.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
when he speaks, there is not this sense of arrogance that laces his tone. instead, the man seems to confide within the first hunter his own weaknesses when it came to hunting. in many ways, shikoba feels honored to know that he is willing to give her personal things to know about him. perhaps this is to ensure the success of the hunt, but perhaps there could be another motif behind it.

"strength good, caribou are strong. shikoba and others chase, but inutsuk and kigipigak help bring down." a simple strategy, to use the swiftness of the runners to tire out and separate one from the herd, then rely on the brutes of the pack to bring down the game. hopefully, this trek towards the glacier will not be in vain and there will be success in the hunts soon to come.

when he asks about her condition and presses himself closer, shikoba leans against him more. "shikoba used to live in desert, snow rare to see. do better in heat than cold." light shivers ripple through her body for a moment, though she settles as the man grows closer. "where inutsuk from? cold place?" he didn't look cold to her, though perhaps this man was simply putting on a front. perhaps he was born to the tundra. all shikoba knows is that she is a little jealous of his ability to easily stay warm.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Inutsuk enjoyed hearing the sivilluk recite the strategies. It was a good map to keep within the mind.

I have not had much time with brother Kigipigak. I look forward to seeing him in action during the hunt. A good time for both to assess strength and capability of one another. He couldn't quite remember if he'd ever formally met the Epsilon. There were only a select few he spent his time around within Moonglow. This would need to change, and soon.

Shikoba accepted his offer of warmth, a bit surprised, even, as she pressed closer. A hidden smile curled along his lip. Carefully, the man slung his tail over her own, ear twitching as the gasp of a cold breath escaped him. 

The shiver along her spine made the hairs of his tunic tickled. They soon ceased, though. This pleased him, glad to know he was able to help ease any discomfort. Words of her origin then strung his audit, captivating his attention. This was the first time he had really learned anything about her. 

I have no temperature of fondness, though, I do have more experience with the cold. I was born in high mountains.. somewhere further north from these wilds. There, it was rare the snow melted. Only during the time of one season, really.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
i absolutely fan girl each time I see your response hehe

it sounds like inutsuk has yet to be acquainted with the backbone, but perhaps that may happen in due time. the man of snow was of noble blood to shikoba, while their time together was rather short, it was still well spent with the patrol of borders and the hunt of pests. "inutsuk will like kigipigak, once hunted with shikoba for foxes. good man."

normally, one would be ashamed and a tad bashful for rambling about another when in the presence of someone of interest. but shikoba thinks not of manners but instead admiring the work of others. for both men, they hold value with the time they spent with her. but thankfully, for inutsuk, shikoba has not held much interest for the tundarian besides being a partner in crime.

her questions were answered, he was indeed from somewhere colder than her ow home. this piques her interest as she looks towards him with interest. while he sounds modest with his answer, shikoba only wishes to hear more. "much different home," she remarks softly, "snow familiar then to inutsuk. shikoba get cold easy." a small hum from her as she takes notice to his tail overlapping her own.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
awww ^-^ I could say the same for yours, hah. Every post that goes by, I grow even fonder of this interaction. So adorable

It did not take a formal acquaintance to judge a character good or poor. He had his reasons for thinking this. Moonwoman knows hearts well. If she has welcomed him here, I can feel confident to say I'm sure I would like him a great deal. This would only be proven more upon meeting him. They would hunt soon together, so this would be a great start.

In the moments of silence they shared, Inutsuk looked down to the woman. Now, he could truthfully say that Kukutux had chosen the best to become Sivullik. There was no soul that could compare. She saw the best in others, just like Kukutux. They were of like mind and purity.

The cold season is not always merciful. When the winds blow, be sure to line your ulaq walls thickly. He hadn't found use for a den since he was a child, but he knew what would make them warmer. It satisfied him to know he could offer some form of advice to help prolong her comfort.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
he agrees; she likes this.

she remembers the constant interjection of what she would say from her younger siblings, and many times it would test her patience and boundaries. sadly, the young maiden at the time lacked tolerance and would often lash out and leave a tooth mark against a sibling's face in response to the words said against her.

so far, inutsuk has not given shikoba a reason to want to puncture him with her teeth. quite honestly, she would rather stay tucked beside him for now. perhaps he could be the one who keeps her warm, rather than the furs that would need to line her humble home. 

she hums in response to him, ensuring that she responds and not drifts while they share warmth for this quiet moment. "in quiet times," she says, her voice hushed for a moment, "shikoba misses family." this is something she has not really opened up much about with anyone, but something about the way inutsuk presents himself makes her feel comfortable and almost... safe. "does inutsuk?" did he have family he valued or did he leave behind a life of pain?

his past name held onto the idea of death, perhaps this was not the best thing to ask him. however, shikoba is ignorant of what is appropriate and inappropriate to ask. thankfully, her bluntness can be somewhat excused with her polite way of asking.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
For the first time in what seemed to be a century, he felt completely content and at ease. Every muscle seemed to not exist, working only to hold him upright. The cold never really bothered him, so he was always warm... but not like this

Who would have thought. Here, of all places, he would find his heart beginning to unwind and tangle itself up by the presence of another. Such close proximity they shared [size=small][/size] not an inch between them. If only they could continue on like this forever; never to separate and be out of eye's view. Could this ever truly be the possible? Oh how he hoped.

Inutsuk soon found that his eyes had even begun to flutter to a close. There was so much peace and comfort here. It could only be her voice that would force them open. 

A query such as this would normally make his heart drop, but as of now, it was too busy tending to other emotions. I have no family to miss, He responded smoothly. A bit blunt and cold of an answer, but it was the truth. I have a new family now, though. As do you.. He added quickly, touching his nose to her cheek for a brief moment. After that gesture, he fell again. Her scent.. the warm tingle from any form of touch. He was clutched inward, never wanting to draw away. The man's hot breath blew through each nostril, burning over her crown. If he didn't speak now, the silence would go on forever. 

They have been nothing but a family in my eyes. I finally have a new life.. and one that I'm proud of. Hopefully, soon, I can have a second family to be proud of. It wasn't planned, but as the words came out, Inutsuk's gaze dropped down towards hers. Was that it, then? Had he finally found the missing piece he'd longed for after all of this time being alone. In this moment, it seemed like a possibility, but there was not yet proof.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
his answer seems a bit chilling to the woman, though she must come to realize that not everyone lives in pleasure with those they share blood with. after all, shikoba has lost all of her bloodlines, she is the only remaining kin of the desert chieftain. her eyes lift up to observe his for a moment, though they soften as he grows to talk about his fondness in the relationships made within the spine. she is happy to know that at least now the man has something worth noting, something worth coming back home to even in the most exciting of adventures.

shikoba has felt this bond to kukutux and to Moonglow for quite some time now. others have slowly made their way into their heart, though it appears that inutsuk has a quicker pace than most. "a good family" she says with a prideful tone as she sends a smile towards him. though, she feels her ears flutter at the mention of a second family. it takes her a moment to process this statement, unsure of what he means for a few.

and as she looks up once more to see him, she notices that he looks right back at her. she looks away, ears airplaning with heat rushing to her face. she hasn't felt this way since she was a teenager, and even then, it was for the wrong wolf, the one her father disapproved of. would the great hinto approve of this one in spirit? 

so long as the snow fall is gentle, shikoba could only assume yes. "inutsuk make good father." a compliment, something she finds difficult to say because of her lacking comprehension of the entire language. at least the message is receivable and simple to understand, at least, she only hopes that.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The flushed expression from the woman made his own heart flutter, skipping a few beats. Then when she complimented him? Oh, that only made it worse. It gave him a small chill. She thought he would be a good father. Was this her way of agreeing with the bond he thought they shared? Only one way to find out.

Blinking quickly, he knew the move would need to be subtle, yet hasty, lest he miss out on the opportunity. Almost at the exact second her eyes met the ground, Inutsuk swooped his muzzle low and gave a short stroke of his tongue upon her cheek. He was never a man much known for his flirtatiousness, but if there was any way to catch a courtier's eye, a kiss would do just the trick. 

Although the gesture hadn't made him uncomfortable, he worried that it had with her. Was it too soon? Was the whole thing just flawed to begin with?
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
where had the time gone?

shikoba could remember many parts of her life, some are more clear than others, especially when they felt like big milestones find defining who she was. the process of self-discovery was built upon bone and blood, something that a war maiden searches for and lusts after. but what about the days before these darker moments? what about her first love?

it feels foggy to think about his face, but what she can remember is how she felt. infatuated, exhilarated, liberated -- a whirlwind of feelings that basically sum up every teenager's young adult phase when you introduce love into the mix. and now the woman walks through this storm once more after the man places his kiss upon her cheek.

she stiffens, not because she didn't like it, but because she was surprised. why, of all the pretty women inutsuk could have searched for, was he wasting his time on her? while shikoba sees her value as a warrior, she fails to see her value as a woman. something that can mother, that can be gentle, that can provide love with an endless supply. how could she possibly do that?

shikoba looks to inutsuk with an apologetic look. "why? why shikoba and not pretty woman?" it is almost inaudible when she asks.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She looked at him with a sense of confusion and apology. Why? The surprise was to be expected, but not this. Did she see no reason as to why he should find no interest to seek her? Apparently so, given the query she gave.

He wanted to laugh. Not because it was funny... no, but, because the thought racing his mind was why wouldn't he want her?

Shikoba... Inutsuk gave a slight shake of his head, choking back that chortle. Your scars are what make you beautiful. They show courage, determination, strength, and wisdom beyond anything else. You have given away silky fur and poise to fight what for you love; who you love. Every time that I look to you, I feel immense admiration. My eyes don't stop and see sordid features as others would. I see a pretty woman and a caring heart. That is what I want my heart to pursue.

Sighing contently, he'd hoped his explanation came out the way he wanted and that she would understand what he meant. As his words had come to a close, Inutsuk set his chin upon her crown, remaining silent only for a moment before parting it to speak again. The snout remained above her as he did so. Never compare yourself to another like that. None lack beauty, especially you. Everyone differs. Just, this is how I see yours.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
a chin against her crown, a sigh of relief, and words that she thought she would never hear from another.

and instead of staying strong and poised and stable, the woman crumbles under the newly found admiration. she folds her head, burrowing her nose into his chest in a search for comfort. imagine a teen burying their head into their pillow after sending a flirty text and getting a good response, that would probably be the best way to imagine how shikoba looks right now. flustered, excited, overwhelmed, infatuated.

"inutsuk too much," it comes out a bit garbled as fur gets tangled between her teeth, "shikoba like inutsuk too much." but... she likes it this way. something about the man brings her a sense of peace and homeliness, something that she found in kukutux, but this connection felt different.

perhaps this was what separated a friend from a lover. she forces every inch of her body to rest against him now, finding comfort in every piece that dares to touch his body. "now inutsuk can keep shikoba warm during the winter." a giggle from her. at least now winter didn't seem so long and dreary, she would have someone to share it with.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
A better reaction came than what the man expected. The sivullik joined close, snout buried within his thick fur. 

Warmth then touched him. Not the kind you feel against your body when cold. It was an inner warmth... like it was wrapping itself around his heart. 

In this moment, Inutsuk felt every ounce of love that he longed to have felt as a child. Although love from parent and partner are two different things, he never had the chance to learn the difference. Love was love in his eyes.

Muffled words came next, breaking silence. Quiet, but understood. They were enjoyed too.

Scuffling his frame through the snow, Inutsuk ensured that there was not an inch of space left between them. The man's upper body bent over hers, tail curling around from behind. He would shelter her like this forever. A new promise that he was now bound to keep.

There will never be a winter again where you won't have my warmth. I swear it. 

There. Now she had both a vow of action and words. It could never be broken, or would the spirits forever damn his soul.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
a promise for her safety, for her comfort. shikoba has been able to be a witness to the actions of inutsuk and knows that he never offers empty promises. he is a capable man, strong and intelligent. and in these quieter moments with him, she has learned that he is also gentle and reassuring. 

he is now the catalyst, the missing piece to send shikoba into the next phase of her life. she is not as young as she would have thought herself to be when considering motherhood, but after the talk of inutsuk wanting his own brood, shikoba may have to seek kukutux out once more. the duck has given her permission to seek out her heat and satisfy the demands of her body, but she must ensure that this has not changed.

later, she will go. but for now, she rests. she rolls herself over a bit, just enough where she can strain her neck and leave a tender lick against his chin and a deep inhale of his scent. this would soon grow to be a smell that she associates as comforting.
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
I'm ready to fade here if you are. ^-^

As much as he would have rather remained here, close in proximity and touch to the one he now would call his own, the two could not sit here in the cold forever. 

Shikoba. He whispered the name in a hushed, soothing tone. It was muffled a slight, given his chin still rested flat against her crown. We should be returning, now. Kukutux may wonder where her sivullik had gone and I would hate to be blamed for stealing you away. There was an amused glint to his tone and rightfully so. Such a day.. even just one of the many moments here had made him happier than he had ever been. 

I wouldn't want you kept out here sitting within the bare snow much longer either. This time he was a bit more stern, intent on keeping the promise he had made moments ago.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
<333

he suggests that they make their rounds back to the taiga where Moonglow camps. she agrees silently, nuzzling into him a final time before leaving his chin empty of her heat. the sivullik rises slowly, a bit stiff from laying for so long, and a few air pockets pop from her joints. a final stretch as she looks towards inutsuk.

she would then intend to lead him back towards the village, keeping especially close to him. winter was no longer bare with inutsuk beside her.