The Sentinels come on, make it easy, say i never mattered.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
She didn't hit him, which was okay. Honestly, he thought she would've felt better if she had. Penn had never been good at dealing with emotions. He was an expert at running from them and pretending they didn't exist. He was also quite proficient at creating even greater problems that were effective at distracting him from his emotions. If you'd like an example, please refer to that one time he picked a fight with two women who forced him to jump off a huge cliff into a turbulent ocean.

Fortunately, he knew that was not good advice. He was a deeply flawed individual, but he at least was sufficiently aware that he was. He didn't used to be, but it had become glaringly apparent in the last year or so.

"Sometimes it's better to let them slide," Penn quipped back with a snort before falling silent to listen to her continue. She spoke of how she knew she was amazing, but how it hurt anyway. How Bronco had hurt her. And as he'd suspected, it was the absolute worst having to hear it. He'd never explicitly admitted to himself what she meant to him, but that didn't mean he didn't know. And my god, did he know right then.

"Christ, Fenn... Fine," Penn replied after she was through and after he'd taken a moment to breathe through the pain, "Be a whiny bitch. I'll listen. Gods know I owe you. Probably. But for the love of god, you have got to recognize that the only thing him bailing on you shows is how worthless he is, not how worthless or not good enough you are. I cannot accept that I live in a world where you're that fucking blind."
Messages In This Thread
come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 09, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: come on, make it easy, say i never mattered. - by Penn - April 15, 2022, 04:23 PM