Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,537 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
All Welcome 
tags are purely for reference!

Also wow, sorry at the double tag... I didn't even realize!

The worst part about this was how it interfered with her checking in on her friend right at the time when Maia knew that @Teya needed her most. @Hymnal and @Eljay were a constant, but she felt extremely guilt-ridden anytime she saw how tired and anxious her mate looked. She tried to assure them nothing was wrong, that she didn't need anything, that it was fine. But the puppies in her were growing and, as they hit their stride and began to form into what they would become, she could no longer really leave the den. Her legs just wouldn't support her for long.

She knew that Reyes was gone and that @Teya had had the children. She didn't know anything else, but she gritted her teeth and pushed herself up with a low grunt. Shakily, she made her way towards the entrance.

It was no use. She was about four paces outside before she stumbled and nearly fell. Useless. Useless! C'mon Maia, I don't know what's wrong with you, but we can't... c'mon. She couldn't make her legs move, though, and as she went to sit down they buckled and brought her entirely to reclining on the grass.

Maia's eyes welled up but she shook it off. Crying wasn't going to help anyone right now, least of all Teya. She just had to trust that Eljay could take care of it and do the best she could here to make sure things went smoothly. Still. I hope she realized it was okay. I hope she's happy. Maia couldn't imagine looking at her puppies and not feeling that way.

She rested her head on her paws and stared, distracted, into the trees. Only a couple more weeks. She was counting the days. Then she could go see Teya and dote on the new life she'd created, and also return the favor she'd so graciously given them last year anytime she'd been overwhelmed or needed help.
Messages In This Thread
There'll be days you need me by your side - by Maia - April 11, 2022, 10:00 AM
RE: There'll be days you need me by your side - by Maia - April 12, 2022, 07:12 PM